Guess why this is (probably unique)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Decided to camp out last night so put my hammock up. Can you guess why none of you have probably hammocked like this before?
hammock.jpg

Edit: won't even let me link images from my own hosting...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Is it a geographical thing?? Like pitching your hammock on the nexus point of three counties??

No. Just in East Sussex

Is that a car park to the right of the picture?

It's where we park our cars, there's 3 there at the moment but it's on our land

Cones dropping on you all night? :)
Midges?
Small tree sways in the wind?

Might have been a few cones, but hardly unique. Midges foiled by the net and although the trees do sway a bit, that's hardly a unique feature

I'll leave it open for a bit longer...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Plastic ninja gets the prize! :D
Only planted 7 years ago too... have already coppiced some of the alder (which have started resprouting) and one of the biggest ones is about 10" in diameter. Was a bit worried they wouldn't hold up but they seem strong enough... we'll see again tonight!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Plastic ninja gets the prize! :D
Only planted 7 years ago too... have already coppiced some of the alder (which have started resprouting) and one of the biggest ones is about 10" in diameter. Was a bit worried they wouldn't hold up but they seem strong enough... we'll see again tonight!

A lovely thing to do , leave the world improved.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
A lovely thing to do , leave the world improved.

Thanks. Gives me some peace in this mad world. Even after all this sunshine, bits of the field are still boggy. Made a hell of a mess trying to do some mowing with the tractor the other day

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE