Guess why this is (probably unique)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Plastic ninja gets the prize! :D
Only planted 7 years ago too... have already coppiced some of the alder (which have started resprouting) and one of the biggest ones is about 10" in diameter. Was a bit worried they wouldn't hold up but they seem strong enough... we'll see again tonight!
Huzzah! I claim my virtual prize!
Looks lovely. I’m very jealous.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It’s a beautiful pond and indeed the whole property. The pond’s certainly large enough for several species if you could get the proper permits.

Huzzah! I claim my virtual prize!
Looks lovely. I’m very jealous.

Thank you. Certainly plenty of insect life in it. Absolutely swarming with tadpoles too at the moment. Went swimming in it today - let's say it was "refreshing". Dog managed to destroy the only lily leaves that were on the surface but I think they were old ones so hopefully new ones making their way up at the moment.

Reactions: santaman2000

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
From the photo it looks big enough to put a canoe out on

I have a tiny little boat but a canoe wouldn't be much fun. It's about 30m wide and although there is an island, the channel is very shallow and narrow around the back so you can't circumnavigate it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE