GSI H2jO Coffee Filter - Any news?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
This is not a dig at the coffee filter....

I use and MSR Mug mate - just an alternative if required and FYI....

462198_mugmate_zoom

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I want mine as a prefilter when collecting water into my bottle.

If the water is really bad it'll go through a Milbank instead of course but for most streams it's just a matter of getting rid of the large stuff.

As such it need to be a tight fit into the bottle mouth and being stainless I can boil the water directly in it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been away sorry Mark, do I still have dibs on one ?

Can you send me your details again and I'll buzz the cash over

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just tried putting some 4mm accessory cord inside the rim but it didn't quite cut it, still got leakage when I turned it over. There's a bit of a cut back recess in the top of the thread so it's gonna be pretty tricky to get something that will fit snug.

I'm thinking of using the silicone gun but I'll hold back on that one for a while.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I just bought the GSI bottle and the filter thinking that they would be compatible after reading this thread.
They aren't. It still leaks. The bottle is watertight, but add the filter and it dribbles. Pretty crap really unless you are prepared to carry the filter separately and I'm not, so unless I can find a decent O-ring that fits it's scrap.
I should have got a Millbank bag and a tea strainer :(

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I see we aren't allowed to edit our posts, so I'll add that this is in no way a reflection on the overall service from Lurch and Lakeland, whose service is second to none.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
I think the leaking problem is just down to a lack of an 'O' ring to make it sit square on the bottle.As you have stated,it's certainly not a fault of Lakeland.I've had fantastic service from him.
Wayland.you said that you were aware of the leaking.Any fix that you know of ?
Any joy with the inner tube Shewie? I have a tube waiting here due to a manic ride to work earlier in the week.:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've not got round to trying it yet Stingray. I did find a promising looking rubber washer in amongst some plumbing bits but it was just a tad small.

I've also got the GSI Duckjug on its way so I'll see how that goes.

Just for the record, I wasn't having a go at Lurch either (I think he knows that anyway) always top service from Lakeland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE