Groundsheet for Polish Laavu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
Hi Folks
I would like to pick your brains if I may :). I want to make a fitted ground sheet for a polish army Laavu/tent. I am just wondering if anyone has experiencce in putting eyelets on tarps/groundsheets. I have been looking at some of the plastic ones, as in the link below, and wondered if they are any good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GELERT-EMERGE...re_HikingCamping_Tents_JN?hash=item4cee34adcc

Or would I be better off with brass ones such as these and if so does anyone know if they are difficult use.

http://www.chasesmith.co.uk/Camping/Camping_Accessories/sc1413/p2636.aspx

All advice appreciated as I am not the most handy of people :rolleyes:

Cheers Andy

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I have used the palstic ones and they can break if you hit them to hard when attatching. I prefer the brass ones myself.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Sounds like a good idea, hope you will post photos etc once you have done it, as I am sure many people here would be interested to see it :)

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Seconded for the brass eyelets.Thing to watch out for is 'setting' them correctly...slightly on the wonk and they will pull out!Ive found the tool provided with them isnt up to much(or maybe its me..)..I use a tool that you screw together so they go together straight.

I use the Hipkiss branded ones in the blue packs.

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
I will post a photo or two if you want when done mate :). my concern was just ruining a load of material with the brass eyelets if they are a little difficult to use.

cheers Andy

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I will post a photo or two if you want when done mate :). my concern was just ruining a load of material with the brass eyelets if they are a little difficult to use.

cheers Andy

Ah I see, sorry can't help with that one.

Just a thought though, are you thinking about a 'foot' for the base of the pole? on the assumption that it would spread the weight a bit, preventing it puncturing the ground sheet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE