Ground Dwelling Mosquito Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Hi People! Looking for some help please.

Ok so I'm a ground dweller and always have been, never really had a problem with mosquito's in this country so have never used a net. However me and the guys are heading over to Sweden in August this year doing a weeks worth of canoeing, so I'm assuming Mosquito's are going to be a real pain over there especially by the waters edge.

So I'm after a ground dwelling mosquito net but I have no experience or knowledge of these at all! A friend recommended the DD frontier hammock which can be set up on the ground, meaning I can hammock if I fancy as well, Which is looking like a good option.

However I was just wondering if any off you guys had any other options you think may be worth considering? My first idea was some kind of net with tie outs along the center, which could be hung on another ridge line under the tarp but I don't even know if this exists or even if it would work that well?

Anyway, any help or options will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Brian.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got the single version of that net Paul linked to, it's surplus and I was gonna try and sell it in the classifieds if you're interested?

In fact I might have already tried to sell it on here and failed, can't do a search though since last weekend

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Try one of these
http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk/army-stores/Mosquito-Net-Tent.html

IMG

Can be picked up really cheap. And from experience they work brill

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I've got one of the bug nets that fits on the issue cot bed but without poles. Can be hung on a ridge line and pegs out.
Cost me £10 from RTI.

Ignore the garden swing.
9DA0EE7B-1C8F-4FC2-AE21-F0AA4A361AAA-4205-000009A013F1A22B_zpsd7a41747.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE