Grey rep points

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i have two rep points which appear in the Latest Reputation Received part of my user CP, who ever gave them to me didnt leave a note.. what does grey mean? i thought there was on only two typs green good and red bad!? :)

Reactions: Razorstrop

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
I have some blue(ish) ones. are these the same as TomToms grey? Does it mean I have been bad? Or is it that the person who allocated them to you simply isnt online

Mr Strop

Reactions: tomtom

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
ok.. i was a bit worrie as all my rep since i got a red one :eek: a little while ago was grey, i wasnt going to be able to get any more good rep.. but it now seems i can!

so im at a loss again :rolleyes: :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
ummm not a clue to be honest guys....... I've not come accross the grey ones myself. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the matter?

:)
Ed

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Asked Adi about this aaages ago... he told me that the grey ones are from people that have no power to give reputation so they do not count. He didn't say why some people don't have that power... I've had two, I remember one was from a very new member. Perhaps if you have under 10 posts or something you can't give rep? Would make sense, forums often seem to have rules like that to stop people having multiple accounts to big themselves up :)

leon-1

Guys, I wouldn't worry about it too much I have four of them sitting there and it does not appear to of harmed my reputation.

What Arctict Hobo said does ring a bell. but it was quite a long time ago, so I cannot be 100% sure.

There also used to be a limit on the amount of rep points that you could give in a certain period of time and you had to spread the points about a bit (this way there can be no favouritism), in some cases like PatrickM and Storm they do deserve more for the work that they have put in on tutorials, but over a period of time they will accumulate a number of points.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have two grey ones as well, apparently that makes me an "unknown quantity" whatever that is. What does it say if you start getting red ones?
"Flock botherer?", "Often Grumpy?" . :D :lol:

That's not an invitation to test it out on my account mind ;-)

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Topcat02 said:
Whereabouts are rep points shown. I had a quick look in "User CP", but couldnt spot anything about rep points. I presume that means I havent got any. :eek:
I've been making the same assumption, since I've never seen anything there. Do you have to be a full member or something?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I've been making the same assumption, since I've never seen anything there. Do you have to be a full member or something?
Nope you don't have to be a full member.... if a post is good or bad simply click on the scale icon on the post and leave postitive or negative reputation.... everyone can do the same for you..... if you click on the scale icon on your own posts you will get your current reputation.

Hope this helps

:)
Ed

Reactions: leon-1

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
OK, thanks Ed. If I understand what happened with RedCollective, then the menu entry in user CP only appears once you've been given rep points. Clicking on the scales shows that I have the default 10 points - guess I'd better come up with something better...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is off the top of my head.

Only members with a few posts (it might be ten) can give people reputation
Reputation can be positive or negative
Everyone starts with 10 points

I was going to get my head around it all but I’m upgrading the forums soon and I think that the reputation is revamped in that so I’ll wait till then and then let you all know how it works. The reputations that people have now shouldn’t be affected by the upgrade so continue to use the system.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE