Greetings from Wet Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Hello All,

Having been a lurker for a while, I figured it was time to join in the fun!

In honesty, I'm almost completely clueless with regards to bushcraft, but I'm keen and willing (a dangerous combination!). Hopefully my stupid questions will at least provide a little light entertainment.

Regards,
Glenn.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I was told when I joined the site, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Ask away. I'm sure like me you'll soon be made most welcome.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Welcome Glenn, enjoy your time here. Aberdare here and there are quite a few members from South/West Wales here too.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi Glenn, and welcome. I lurked for ages too. Joining in was a great decision. You'll learn loads on here.

I'm a man of Gwent, so we might meet up sooner or later at a meet or two.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi glenn i am the man of cwmcarn excuse the pun around here we are always up for a meet welcome to the forum regards dave

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I'm learning a lot already. To be honest I'm still miffed at missing the Bushmoot earlier in the year, but I'm determined to get there next time around - it's less than 10 miles away, so there's no excuse really!

This place is very motivating - I've decided that this weekend's project is going to be a hobo stove (if the kids will leave me alone for long enough...)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
We're practically neighbours. I worked in Llandow until a couple of years ago.

I live on the other side of the A48, near Llansannor. Since Llansannor seems to be more a concept than a place, it's probably easier to say "near Llanharry"!
Llansannor is a lovely part of the vale,some great woods round there that need exploring.
not sure if they're private or have Public access,will have to get the local Os map out and have a look.
I might know you or defo know the company you worked for i deliver up at Llandow every day

Cheers
Scott

Feb 19, 2011
Chelmsford
hi glenn i am the man of cwmcarn excuse the pun around here we are always up for a meet welcome to the forum regards dave

Hello mate, I'm from just over them there hills originally, cwmbran . But am know living in Chelmsford Essex.

I am aiming to get back to the motherland in the next few weeks for a wild weekend. I know a great spot as you come over the top of the forest drive (near to the new mountainbike tracks) as you drop on the Cwmbran side, near the old quarry, in the the pine forest, great spot.

Is it possible to wild camp any where inside the forest drive area or are they pretty strict with that???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE