Greetings from Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 9, 2010
Hampshire
Hello All,
I’m 26 and living up on the Hampshire South Downs, surrounded by a certain deserted medieval village (there’s your clue!).

Have lived on a farm all my life, and now that I work here too, have a growing interest in bushcraft.

Enjoy shooting, making things from scratch, I am a stickler for quality tools & gear with the old motto ‘‘that’ll do’, isn’t good enough’. I have been getting into woodcarving & using axes for the last year to feed my ever growing woodpile.

I like to think my household is fairly self sufficient, no central heating – just 8 tons of logs fed through the woodburner each year! The missus grows the veg.

On another side of things, I’m becoming increasingly interested in the ‘cowboy style’ of stock management, having spent time in Wyoming. We run 300+ head of cattle, would like to start working horses with them, have already learnt to use bullwhips, so if anyone rides&works quarterhorses in the area, let me know.

Regards, Anthony.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Howdy Anthony,

Lomers Village by any chance? If so I was a near neighbour until a few months back.

Either way, welcome aboard

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What he said :)

We used to walk around Lomers regularly - looped up through Betty Mundy's, up across Lomers, back through the permissive on the Preshaw, across St. Clairs to to the back of the golf course and on to the Hampshire Bowman. One of my favourite walks that.

Used to see Bushwacker Bob or Louis in the Bowman now and again.

You live in a gorgeous spot mate.

Red

Nov 9, 2010
Hampshire
What he said :)

We used to walk around Lomers regularly - looped up through Betty Mundy's, up across Lomers, back through the permissive on the Preshaw, across St. Clairs to to the back of the golf course and on to the Hampshire Bowman. One of my favourite walks that.

Used to see Bushwacker Bob or Louis in the Bowman now and again.

You live in a gorgeous spot mate.

Red

Thanks, and I'm glad to hear your using our permissive routes, I painted some new signs for them over the summer.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Anthony

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a lot of ideas out if the site.

In Hampshire myself but not as close to the South Downs as I would like.

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE