Greetings from Gloucestershire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello Folks,
Joined a couple of days ago; meant to say hello earlier, but I've been perusing the Hobo Stove thread obsessively since I got here!

Really pleased to have found such a great site. I'm pretty much a newbie to bushcraft - bit of wild camping on Dartmoor when I was younger, and more recently on the Camino de Santiago in Spain. But whenever I've pitched a tent I've always had all my food-needs with me. I've never taken on the challenge of obtaining my food in the field, or even of exploring fire-making - always relied on gas stoves. However, I've been getting itchy feet lately, and want to learn those skills. BcUK is going to be a treasure trove of information, so thanks in advance to everyone who has contributed to the wealth of knowledge available here.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello RMW! welcome to the forum matey, there sure is a butt load of info and how to's here abouts, and more guys who are willing to share knowledge and time with you than you could shake a stick at!

Have fun Dude!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi Mate, and welcome. There's a few of us active in the Pontypool area if you are near the Wye in Gloucestershire, although I'm sure there are other members nearer to you. Anyway, you'd be welcome if you wanted some company over this way.

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.
@ Harvestman: I'm in Cheltenham (never even seen the Wye!) and reliant on Shanks' Pony, but thank you for the thought. I hear it's a beautiful part of the world.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Welcome to the forum, you will find that on the whole we are a friendly bunch with a wide range of knowledge on various subjects, don't worry about asking any questions as there are no stupid questions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE