Government to take away your ability to buy vitamins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
If one takes the trouble to read the link provided above......one will find the following.....

"I have heard that the Codex will become law on 31 December 2009. Is it true?

This is an unfounded rumour: The standards, guidelines and codes adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are voluntary and do not therefore contain implementation deadlines or dates, nor can the Commission turn them into binding law."

Therefore the petition, the original posting and the ensuing thread are somewhat meaningless!

Please do yourself and everyone else a favour, either take the time to check before repeating such rumour mungering or just keep your junk mail to yourself.

smoggy

BUT, they are thinking about it. It's too late to start protesting once they have made up their minds.

I'm sure that we all know that "wide ranging public consultations" when they come are meaningless paper exercises and the Act that follows will not have changed one bit.

BTW, I think that regulation is required but not at the price of democracy.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
Take the time to visit the link provided above and read at least some of it..............like the Codex list, that has already been in existance for many years and you will see what it covers. It is guidance on all manor of food preperation, preservation, labeling and handling......it's nothing to do with that which is stated above!

Smoggy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Take the time to visit the link provided above and read at least some of it..............like the Codex list, that has already been in existance for many years and you will see what it covers. It is guidance on all manor of food preperation, preservation, labeling and handling......it's nothing to do with that which is stated above!Smoggy

That can be slipped in very easily when the bill is being written and debated.;)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I cannot digest milk.......in a sunless overcast Winter the lack of Vitamin D is a real issue, Rickets is now virtually unheard of in the UK, it was incredibly common in the past.

cheers,
Toddy
Humans stop the production of lactase the enzyme that allows the body to process lactose after weaning. According to some articles I have read on the subject, the ability to consume milk and milk products past weaning is due mainly to a defect on chromosome 2 which prevents lactase production from shutting down after weaning, this allow humans to process milk long after a normal body would reject it.

As for the rest of your post, yes I agree poor diet is responsible for lots of illnesses, which means that in effect you are saying good diet prevents lots of illness caused by poor diet. Rather than spend £30 per month on junk pills to complement the junk diet, spend that money on a better diet.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You mean "they" are cunningly disguising their evil plans to ban puppies, sunshine and happiness by not actually having any such plans in the first place? Those devious scoundrels!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Humans stop the production of lactase the enzyme that allows the body to process lactose after weaning. According to some articles I have read on the subject, the ability to consume milk and milk products past weaning is due mainly to a defect on chromosome 2 which prevents lactase production from shutting down after weaning, this allow humans to process milk long after a normal body would reject it.

Well mine don't digest it well and it hasn't since my early twenties

As for the rest of your post, yes I agree poor diet is responsible for lots of illnesses, which means that in effect you are saying good diet prevents lots of illness caused by poor diet. Rather than spend £30 per month on junk pills to complement the junk diet, spend that money on a better diet.

I spend under £4 a month on iron and vit D, that's it.
I do buy essential oils, tinctures of valerian and black cohosh, and some materials for my own makings, These aren't dietary 'supplements' but under the proposed legislation they will be considered as such.
Even the addition of herbs to food, if considered 'medicinal' will become problematical.
My diet is good, even if I do avoid allergens; Graham said at the Moot, "Never mind five-a-day, it's five every meal with Toddy." ; not far out to be truthful :D but if I'm going to struggle, how will others cope ?
By paying for it, hard earned cash, either stripped from the NHS or by huge price hikes. The only folks who will benefit are the pharmaceutical giants.
I think education is the only way forward on this, not restrictions.

cheers,
Toddy

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
If the supplements aren't tested and regulated, how do you even know they contain what they claim to? There have been many cases where testing has revealed that they don't. Remember, a lot of these products are manufactured under license in China - the country that brought you poisoned baby milk.

I may not trust the big pharmaceutical companies, but at least their products have stringent testing requirements. The companies producing supplements are every bit as profit-driven (the market is worth about £13.5 billion), but there's currently nobody keeping them even half-way honest. They can sell anything they like and call it whatever they want. How can that be a good situation for consumers? It's no different from the old-fashioned patent medicine show.

Mind you, at least we don't have government ministers in cahoots with pill-pedlars claiming that vitamins can cure AIDS, like they do in South Africa... Is that the sort of industry you want to protect from regulation?

Have you read about blackmarket counterfeit prescriptions infiltrating the market everywhere including the UK? They're done exceptionally well, even the drug companies can't tell the difference without testing the actual drug within every packet. Interesting stuff indeed!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I spend under £4 a month on iron and vit D, that's it.
I do buy essential oils, tinctures of valerian and black cohosh, and some materials for my own makings, These aren't dietary 'supplements' but under the proposed legislation they will be considered as such.
Even the addition of herbs to food, if considered 'medicinal' will become problematical.
My diet is good, even if I do avoid allergens; Graham said at the Moot, "Never mind five-a-day, it's five every meal with Toddy." ; not far out to be truthful :D but if I'm going to struggle, how will others cope ?
By paying for it, hard earned cash, either stripped from the NHS or by huge price hikes. The only folks who will benefit are the pharmaceutical giants.
I think education is the only way forward on this, not restrictions.

cheers,
Toddy

All that bolded text :eek: Scary shouty Mary :run for the hills

None of the aforementioned will be Banned, nothing will be banned, it’s voluntary, and not going to be implemented against the will of the people, it’s a code of practice that will move the snake oil peddlers out of the legitimate marketplace. Any manufacturer of over the counter vitamins and supplements can only benefit from the cleaning up of the aforementioned marketplace.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry, I didn't mean it as shouting, :eek: I was trying to differentiate my posts from where I quoted your's, that was all.

I'll change it to italics, see if that does it.

atb,
M

p.s. Howzzat ? :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
How the hell would they restrict herbal medicines when all you have to do is walk into the garden and pick em?

They managed it before, The witch hunts. Then the Bubonic plague hit as there were no medicines.

BTW Codex also targets homegrown produce, as in, because the food grown does not comply with codex guidelines it is illegal to grow and consume. You may laugh at this but in december when it becomes LAW you wont be. The home gardner will not be hit immediately but it WILL happen. All enforced by the military.

Been telling you all about this for a long time, well i tried, all the "know it alls" had to have their say though.

This is not in place to help us, it is in place to mess our bodies up. Basic jist we starve while filling our faces with nutrient deficient food. The nutrition experts say that it will be the cause of over 3 billion deaths. Ignore them at your peril. Your choice.

WATCH THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhON1WN48tQ

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
You may laugh at this but in december when it becomes LAW you wont be. The home gardner will not be hit immediately but it WILL happen. All enforced by the military.

Been telling you all about this for a long time, well i tried, all the "know it alls" had to have their say though.
It is not becoming law this December next December any December.

R12: I have heard that the Codex will become law on 31 December 2009. Is it true?
This is an unfounded rumour: The standards, guidelines and codes adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are voluntary and do not therefore contain implementation deadlines or dates, nor can the Commission turn them into binding law

From the Codex Website
FAQ page

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
It is not becoming law this December next December any December.

R12: I have heard that the Codex will become law on 31 December 2009. Is it true?
This is an unfounded rumour: The standards, guidelines and codes adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are voluntary and do not therefore contain implementation deadlines or dates, nor can the Commission turn them into binding law

From the Codex Website
FAQ page

Wanna bet? They are voluntary until december, watch the vid. It is by Dr Rima Laibow, and the panel of nutritional experts. If you want to sell food after december then it is mandatory standards. It was guidlines since 1962.

Edit.
In other words, the federal government must NOT ONLY CHANGE FEDERAL LAW, but must ALSO require state and local governments to change their laws as well to be in accordance with international law.

The United States, Canada, the Europeans, Japan, most of Asia, and South America have already signed agreements pledging total harmonization of their laws including food and drug laws to these international standards in the future.

The Codex Alimentarius proposals already exist as law in Norway and Germany where the entire health food industry has literally been taken over by the drug companies. In these

All copied and pasted from here http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/codex-alimentarius.html

Then theres this http://educate-yourself.org/lte/codexcoming13jul08.shtml

and this http://www.nogw.com/download2/-9_codex_alimetarius.pdf

Not only does it become law, but INTERNATIONAL LAW. You need to stop googling stuff and get some proper info Tad.

rancid badger

They managed it before, The witch hunts. Then the Bubonic plague hit as there were no medicines.

BTW Codex also targets homegrown produce, as in, because the food grown does not comply with codex guidelines it is illegal to grow and consume. You may laugh at this but in december when it becomes LAW you wont be. The home gardner will not be hit immediately but it WILL happen. All enforced by the military.

This is not in place to help us, it is in place to mess our bodies up. Basic jist we starve while filling our faces with nutrient deficient food. The nutrition experts say that it will be the cause of over 3 billion deaths. Ignore them at your peril. Your choice.

WATCH THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhON1WN48tQ

All enforced by the military?
Sorry, can't see that one somehow:confused:
R.B.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh

Wow! Considering that the plague reached Britain in the 14th century, and large scale witch-hunting didn't really kick off until the 17th, that's quite an astounding achievement. Maybe Matthew Hopkins had a time machine?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Wow! Considering that the plague reached Britain in the 14th century, and large scale witch-hunting didn't really kick off until the 17th, that's quite an astounding achievement. Maybe Matthew Hopkins had a time machine?

Lol try 1320 as ordered by the pope.

Pope John XXII formalized the persecution of witchcraft in 1320 when he authorized the Inquisition to prosecute sorcery. [8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_Hunt#Middle_Ages

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE