Got some camping gear after years away, cannot wait.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Hi Everyone

I have always loved anything outdoors, and even as a kid in short pants I used to get a thrill out of making myself comfortable in hostile places. I am by no means an expert, but have done some rough camping in hostile places in my younger years, none rougher than when in the HM Forces where I have had nights sleeping in wet gear in icy conditions, trust me there is nothing more wonderful than crisp white sheets and a bed with a mug of tea after living like that for a week.

I am now 54 and in quite good health, and for some insane reason I have just set myself up with some basic equipment and ready for a few more wild outdoor adventures, ambition is at some point to be in as hostile and cold place as possible and be snug in my tent. Highlands in winter maybe, or even Northern Sweden.

Most of all though it is doing this sort of stuff in good company with like minded people. Trouble is, and I am sure it is a problem with many of us, friends and family think we must be insane when there is a good bed available.

Anyway I am back after a good few years being Mr Sensible and family man, where my ex thought it insane that anyone would prefer outside in a tent to 4 or 5 star, and don't get me wrong I like the odd 4 star trip. So if there is any advice going for a newbie, and that's what I am, I am all ears.

Thanks

John

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I am now 54 and in quite good health, and for some insane reason I have just set myself up with some basic equipment and ready for a few more wild outdoor adventures

Welcome aboard John.. It's called a midlife crisis mate.. same thing happened to me :)

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oooh.

I have always loved motorbikes, -Always wanted one, -sadly I do not have the balance.

Now I am older my desire has been refined...You can keep your bikes, I now want to live on the Isle of Man.

(Just sent letter off to the Manx museum asking if they would like me as a volenteer again...I had great fun last summer.)

Tengu (born again teenager)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE