• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodplay.uk

Jan 26, 2024
London
Hi BushCraftUK,

My name is Alex, I was born in Romania and I've been living in the UK for the past 8 years. On my day-to-day job I work with data and computers so I am balancing staying too much in my head by doing hiking/trail running and wood carving. I want to learn more about bushcraft and this is the reason why I am here. Last year I did a very long hike in Romania and I started loving more and more nature. My big plan is to build a small mountain cabin in Romania. What are some good resources to start and courses you would recommend to a almost complete beginner?

Thank you,
Alex

Reactions: gibson 175

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Welcome, Alex

MySelfReliance on YouTube did a full off-grid cabin build, he has hundreds of videos on it that may be useful if you haven’t seen them.

Reactions: woodplay.uk

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hello and welcome.

There are a few different resources for cabin making depending on planning permission, varying from country to country. Some are traditional 'from scratch' and others are 'buy and build' style. Google should steer you In the right direction.
Depending on local planning regs might also be worth looking at shipping container conversion plans as an option.
Best of luck on the journey!
ATB
Stephen

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hi BushCraftUK,

My name is Alex, I was born in Romania and I've been living in the UK for the past 8 years. On my day-to-day job I work with data and computers so I am balancing staying too much in my head by doing hiking/trail running and wood carving. I want to learn more about bushcraft and this is the reason why I am here. Last year I did a very long hike in Romania and I started loving more and more nature. My big plan is to build a small mountain cabin in Romania. What are some good resources to start and courses you would recommend to a almost complete beginner?

Thank you,
Alex
hello alex and welcome to the forum x

woodplay.uk

Jan 26, 2024
London
Hello and welcome.

There are a few different resources for cabin making depending on planning permission, varying from country to country. Some are traditional 'from scratch' and others are 'buy and build' style. Google should steer you In the right direction.
Depending on local planning regs might also be worth looking at shipping container conversion plans as an option.
Best of luck on the journey!
ATB
Stephen
Thank you Stephen. Planning permission is not something I thought yet about but it is a good starting point. I will add it to the list. The shipping container conversion is a great idea.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Shipping containers are not elegant, but they are disguisable and practical.

And cheap.

I got an office one delivered for £900 but that was ten years back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE