Gortex Bivvy Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 3, 2012
Cambridge
Hi I'm looking for some advice the taped seams on my old issue bivvy bag have come off in the wash. Is it possible to retake the seams or is it just not worth the hassle? If anyone has done this before some guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks A.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
For the price of the repair tape and hassle it may well be worth getting another off ebay etc. I always wash my bivvy bag on cold wash, and I only wash it when it gets really grotty. Good Luck.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cant say I have ever had to wash my bivi after years of use. Mud will just brush off when dry and if you are using a liner or sleeping bag it shouldn't get too smelly, at least nothing a good airing wont sort. I would buy another although some would repair.

May 3, 2012
Cambridge
Thanks guys, will replace. Had to clean as my son used it on a wet muddy winter camp although not sure that would explain the smells.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
The tape on my goretex bivi came loose. I just used some seam seal to re-attatch and it seems fine. Its the same stuff as used to repair tents so figured it should be flexible and waterproof. Also got some left over for future tarp/tent repairs.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I replaced all the tape on the seams of one of my older bivi bags. I sourced some suitable tape on e-bay. It was a pretty straightforward job of cutting to length then ironing on. It cost me 20 quid for two lots of tape. I expect you could do it cheaper if you looked around.

Sent from my E2003 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE