Good-bye basecamp insanely pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Phew! Glad nobody was under that lot when it came down. Sorry to see you lose your camp it looked a wonderful site.

John, I know it has already been offered but if there is anything that you need then post it up here and I will see what kit I have lying around.;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am already negotiating a new site - which will also be of benefit to people with learning and other difficulties at the place I just started a new job :)
And it is closer to my home :)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I am already negotiating a new site - which will also be of benefit to people with learning and other difficulties at the place I just started a new job :)
And it is closer to my home :)
Now THATS the type of spirit that abounds in this place and why bushcrafters are just absolutely TOP. John. You are an inspiration, my lovely :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
coor blimey! looks like trolls have been having a right old barney! glad no one was in it at the time....is it on a very exposed location ?

Suprisingly enough it is not in an exposed place - it is right in a valley but this season the winds have funnelled down it more than usual :(
I am working on a new site but I do have a small patch of woods I can use for small groups/meets and solo outings.
I was out on Friday night in my small woods trying out my reproofed DIY canvas tarp and despite some fierce showers I stayed nice and dry :)001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg
The trees that are horizontal fell in the "Great Storm" 30 odd years ago - there are newly fallen ones in this wood as well but not near the bit I use :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Many thanks to all who have offered their sympathy and replacement kit - it is very generous of you all.
Special thanks to Ecoman who sold me a chute ... but then told me to give the money to charity!
I will be giving the dosh to Clynfyw Care Farm http://www.clynfyw.co.uk/learning.htm - where I have just started working.
I plan (amongst other things) to rebuild (with the help of friends) their "woodland camp" to replace my trashed basecamp.
The chute will be a part of that camp :)
This site has some of the nicest, most generous, wonderful folk I know of as members :)
No wonder I love this place!
Thank you all :)

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
F#£k.... Just came on after a bit of a net break..... Cant believe how the site took it. Thought it would of been relatively ok.

If youd like a hand foraging for the kit or help at all, just let me know mate. Look forward to seeing the new site and helping build it up

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
F#£k.... Just came on after a bit of a net break..... Cant believe how the site took it. Thought it would of been relatively ok.

If youd like a hand foraging for the kit or help at all, just let me know mate. Look forward to seeing the new site and helping build it up

Keep watching our website for events :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE