Good-bye basecamp insanely pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks for the offer guys but most of it should (eventually) be recoverable and it is all stuff that I have spares of.
I only left stuff that I was not too worried about losing if some nogoodnicks ever found the place :)
I have seen that a couple of pan lids have found an interest in Origami and my folding chair has taken on some new folds but the 'chute is in a tough bag and seems to be under a smooth section of trunk as it my bed tarp/tube. Some stuff like camp grills were so buried I could not see them but they were pretty bent already....
It is just a case of waiting until the trees are cut away and I can get in - it may be a few years so I am thinking of it as a bushcraft ISA savings account! :)

It's an archaeological time capsule for the future. In generations to come this camp will be discovered and many papers written of the wild 21st century woodman who built it - adding to the legend!:eek:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fair enough John but as a fellow member of the rural poor you get to tap into the "communal gear pool" for anything thats missing temporarily or permanently. I'll get the value back out of you one way or another :)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
I'm sorry to see the loss of your camp, John. It looks similar to the many hurricanes that have passed through this area of Virginia. Best of luck with acquiring new digs.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
hey john
sorry to see to see this.even though i live in swindon contact me if you need help with the new site.i'm sure there is at least a few trees to sling a hammock

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
John that's just awful. The only positive is that no-one was in there at the time it happened.
I really hope you manage to recover your gear and that the plab B works out.
Best of luck, Stu

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Heck John, that's a mess, and losing your big parachute is not good at all. No chance you could get things out but digging them out from underneath? Probably not, looking at the pictures.

I'd offer what help I could, but it seems like you are stuck. If there is anything, let me know.

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
That truly is terrible! You must be devastated.

At least no one was there at the time!

Hopefully a new site will work out for you.

ATB, Sam.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Awww lovey.... natures been a cruel mistress to you and your potential students :( I'm sure the die-hards will rally round and you'll have a good team to whip the new site into shape. I just can't see you rolling over and accepting defeat just cos the winds had a hissy fit on you, you show her what kind of git-r-dun storm a determined welshman can drum up! xx

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE