Glogg bottle hanger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Liking my new Glogg bottles! Wanted a water bottle that was robust and could be used to boil for purification purposes without the need for decanting from pots and pans.

I’ve seen them suspended using lengths of wire and purpose made spring hooks but I wanted something a bit more rustic.

These seem to fit the bill, as they are very straightforward to make, can assist with pouring and are easy to remove _just pull on one side of the toggle and away it comes.

Btw, the zebra billycan has Ainslie Harriot couscous in it. Ainslie comes with me on just about every trip, his new hot and spicy Mexican version is his best yet!

Most of the string is inside the bottle keeping it well away from the flames.

hanger7.jpg

hanger2.jpg

hanger1.jpg

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Liking the toggle idea, great improvisation technique for a needs must situation too. goodjob
The steam from the bottle will also soak the string so less chance of it catching.

Rob.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice elegant idea that I like it.
I've no experience of those bottles, I take it they're plain metal with no laquer linings or coatings?
Good photos too.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE