Glencoe winter meet - 13-18th Feb 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm setting off now from what was once called London, I'll be stopping off at Burscough (Lancs) for a MOT then after a few hours kip I'll drive overnight to Glencoe. I'll be in my 51 plate silver Hilux and will possibly park at the far end of the site in the trees next to the river. If it's quiet I may park closer to the toilet block. Looking forward to meeting a few other foul-weather campers/crafters.

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
I'm still coming, might pass on the walk and do some skiing instead on the Saturday, weather permitting...(hangover permitting) should be in the works White hilux.

Canny wait.
Ally

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I'll have 2 pairs of nordic skiis with me so skiing is on my menu too.

The WHW from Tyndrum may be doable to Glencoe. Or from Glencoe Ski Centre along the WHW back down to the site.

The carpark descent, from the Plateau down to the carpark, is doable today.

Today - 13-02-13

Runs Open:
BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT ALL LEVELS. STORMBOUND FOR THE DAY.
A good cover of fresh and wind packed snow on a firm/crunchy base on all lower slopes. Middle and Upper slopes have good cover of wind and skier packed snow with the odd icy patch.
Good sport on offer across the mountain for all abilities.
Reports from customers regarding Car park runs .... Nice the top 2 thirds but last third combat skiing/boarding..

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Im still coming, should be there mid afternoon on the Friday, along with Ross and Jason, wont be able to miss us, we will be in the big green tipi with the stove smoking away and the brews on :coffee:.

greensurfingbear

Just had a few unexpected payments to make so fund set aside for this trip no longer exist. Gutted :puppy_dog

At least I've a trip to Arran to look forward to next month. B&B paid and booked on swmbo insistence, so that'll definitely be going ahead :beerchug:

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Just off the phone to a couple of friends that live in Glencoe and the weather is looking good for the weekend, skiing is excellent at the moment!!!!!!
All being well, I should be there before 5pm.
Do you want me to bring a chute? does the Red Squirrel mind?

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
No decent snow below 3000 feet and raining heavily at the moment. On the plus side I am booked on the whisky tasting masterclass tonight.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
yep, all packed as well, planning on leaving Loch Lomond around about 1pm, so should be up to Glen Coe sometime around 3pm-4pm or sooner or later, but definitely some time lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE