Glencoe winter meet - 13-18th Feb 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Anybody up for a meet in Glencoe early next year? I'd suggest a weekend at the Red Squirrel Campsite, just 3/4 mile from the Clachaig pub. The campsite is spendy at £9 per night but they do allow small campfires. Trees are available for those ex-navy boys who like to swing.

Campsite link

Pub link

Local walks

Glencoe tourist page

FebFest_13_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I could be up for that (dates/finances/transport dependent). The red squirrel is one of my favourite campsites and the abillity to have fires helps in the cold weather. The Clachaig is also a great pub with loads of good beers & a great selection of whisky.

There's loads of really good low level walks as well as more adventurous stuff and certainly loads of trees to hang from (anyone know if hammocking is definately OK at the Red Squirrel?)

Now I either have to persuade my wife to come along as she's the driver although she's not a great fan of winter camping.

Elen Sentier

Ta Windy, I like this one (especially the uncountable ... or do they mean unacountable ??? Can never tell with wiki :))[h=3]Noun howff (uncountable)[/h]
  1. a haunt or meeting place
I do hope I can get to this "haunt" come late winter :). Have hunted up trains to Fort William and buses to Glencoe, even Ali's taxi to bring me the last bit if nobody can give me a lift. Glencoe creeps into my bones and it's not just the cold :)

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The 915 is a fairly regular bus service from Glasgow to Glencoe then onto Skye, it returns via Fort Bill so getting to the campsite should not be a problem.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Would be interested depending on dates, if I remember right if you get the bus and ask the driver he will drop you at the Clachaig . also it dose stop at Glen Coe villiage.

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE