Girl stuff!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stonehippo

Forager
May 15, 2011
Birmingham
Having skimmed through this, I am once again convinced that God is a man! The only 'hygiene' porblem I have is an occasional razor burn round my neck when I bother to neaten up my beard.
having said that, my wife once told me that for 3 days a month women act like men act all the time. I don't know what she means by that.

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
If living in a house of logs with no running water, no gas or telephone and with a wood-burning stove as well as a coal-burning stove, implies true bushcraft, then I quality. I do not qualify to give advice on feminine matters or very many masculine matters either, my experiences necessarily being limited to those I've actually had. However, there were modern conveniences like a floor, windows with real glass, a tin roof (actually I think it was galvanized) and, eventually, the telephone. The location was accessible year-round, at least by foot.

I am certain, however, that no one in the vicinity ever lived in a wigwam or used stone tools or weapons, at least within 50 years of the house being built. I would imagine that could be described as the "pre-bushcraft" era, also as "unsettled."

I don't know that any of those post-colonial settlers ever used moss for any purpose and unfortunately, there is no one left to ask. I'm also not going to inquire of my wife about alternate methods of dealing with this and similar issues, at least not until I work up the nerve. I fear her answer might include instructions to "stuff it," which, while anatomically accurate, may not be particularly enlightening, at least for the purposes of either this thread or this forum.

On the subject of moss, I'm not even aware that the plant is even available where I grew up and lived until I was in my twenties. It might be found in some places but like many things, it's rarely found where it's handy, unless perhaps you like living in a bog. But it is undeniably natural and green in every sense of the word.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE