Giants Seat meet 19th - 21st April, Sign Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Yes phaestos get use to a bivi set up :) ... but only if you want to tho,Dave Bromley there will be more trips to the artic and other intresting places in the years to come. I think at least one big adventure a year for me. Dont worry about not being able to make a trip it will give you more time to plan and get gear together for the next one,I am hoping to jump in on your hedrians wall trip but it will just have to be a flying visit mabay just for the weeken. Ive not got many holadays left :( ...

This is going to be my problem lol 2 weeks for Hadrian's wall another week for bulgaria (with any hope) and then misc days for camping and thats next years hols gone already lol.

Looking at a week in 2015 to bike the trans pennine trail, the full trail is 315 miles so should be good. then looking at an Arctic trip (with you guys hopefully) i want to do a lot more 1 nighters and traveling camps too this year and next, so limiting kit and gaining skills. I also want to have a crack at canoeing this year, hoping that it will open a lot more doors for getting to harder to reach places in the future.

Dave

Fell Monkey

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2012
South Cheshire
Never to late to make a fool out of yourself mate lol. seriously though you won't find anyone snobbish on our meets, they are a great bunch and will do almost anything to help if you struggle with anything!

Dave

Be good to share time outdoors with likeminded people, this will be my first time participating in bushcraft with others. Looking forward to it. Also i'll be driving alone, so willing to give a lift to others if needed.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Be good to share time outdoors with likeminded people, this will be my first time participating in bushcraft with others. Looking forward to it. Also i'll be driving alone, so willing to give a lift to others if needed.

Be great to see you there mate. I think Phaestos' first bushy camp with others was at Giants Seat. The Manchester lot are a good down to earth group that have little time for snobbery and such. Just dive in and get yer hands mucky !! :D

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
1. Dave +3
2. Cliv
3. Bilmo
4.Kendalphil
5. Welchyd1 (Dave)
6. Mad Dave
7. Crowman
8. Phaestos
9. Noodoo
10. Redfox
11. FireCrest
12. Gurnoid
13. Jim_Aramis
14. The Ratcatcher
15. caernbanog +1
16. Fell Monkey
17. c4rn1fex.

Well by my calcs, if averyone turns up we're looking at 21 but there are usually a few that have to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances, but should be at least 15 or so!!!

Looking good

Dave

Fell Monkey

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2012
South Cheshire
Wicked, and damn decent of you to offer a lift, where you traveling from?

Dave

Im travelling from Crewe, I looked at getting the train but driving would work out cheaper, plus could share the cost for their section of the journey if someone happened to need a lift. Anyone needing a lift between Crewe and the location of Giants seat, please dont hesitate to send me a message.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just had a chat with one of the lads from work about swapping shifts so I can do this weekend..... In the words of the Dragons Den....

I'm IN!! :D

C4rn1fex

Mar 7, 2013
Southport
I've read the original thread and can't find anything regarding cost(might be blind). I came to the Middlewood meet last year and I remember we chipped in about a tenner each.
Any info?

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Oh yes! Requested the sat afternoon/sunday off and for some bizarre reason my boss has given me the full weekend! I've got a bag and a cheap-bottom 1.5 man tent, I'm all set and totally stoked!!! Put me down for both nights!

But first....I still have to clear it with the mrs, as ive only mentioned it in passing so far. *Feels seasick all of a sudden*

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Oh yes! Requested the sat afternoon/sunday off and for some bizarre reason my boss has given me the full weekend! I've got a bag and a cheap-bottom 1.5 man tent, I'm all set and totally stoked!!! Put me down for both nights!

But first....I still have to clear it with the mrs, as ive only mentioned it in passing so far. *Feels seasick all of a sudden*

Bring her along !! A good chat, some good food and a warm fire, she'll love it :D

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
My apologies, it is £5 a night per person for camp fee's and there is a bottle of whiskey per person toll to the handsome chap with the beard see below lol
DSCF6436.jpg

Thanks Guys

Mar 5, 2013
Leeds
Hi guys,

Still unsure due to work, but if possible would you mind a beginner coming along? I'd be coming with Phaestos.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE