Giants Seat meet 19th - 21st April, Sign Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Gonna be a biggish meet this one by the looks, if we have a communal fire there will need to be a fair amount of wood collected. If anyone wants to bring wood processing gear i.e. saws, splitting mauls etc that would be FAB.

Dave
I am bringing my tobogun for people to try. We can use it to transport wood. I have an old sadlle i might bring for the leather as i need a new sheath for my bowie knife. I also have some nylon thread but i heard dentel floss is a good substtute for sinue, so i will dig some out. I just hope i have time to do all the things i have planned. Dave you are being very modist about the leather working. Jim aramis is good at leather work to, as is fire crest and mentelnurse and a few others how are coming.
I think it will be a very good work shop indeed.:) ... i think i will pick up a lot of tips,oh did you finish your leather top hat lol.

Last edited:

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
What tent was it and how much? I've got a north face tadpole 23 with footprint which I was gonna put in classifieds if you're interested? I can bring it with me so you're sorted!

Thanks a lot for the offer mate, but I'm seriously budget-bound, so this kind of tent'd be too pricey for me even second hand.

Luckily my re-ordered one arrived well this morning. It cost me £17. You can all split your sides laughing at me on Saturday morning after I've been washed out for being such a massive cheaparse ;)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Bring paracord if you want to learn bracelets, zipper pulls and stuff. I'll also bring some aluminium sheet so folks can have a go at crusader lids etc.

We can't wait !!!

Glyn_Y_Mul_028.jpg

Last edited:

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Thanks a lot for the offer mate, but I'm seriously budget-bound, so this kind of tent'd be too pricey for me even second hand.

Luckily my re-ordered one arrived well this morning. It cost me £17. You can all split your sides laughing at me on Saturday morning after I've been washed out for being such a massive cheaparse ;)

Ney bother.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
1. Dave +3
2. Cliv
3. Bilmo
4.Kendalphil
5. Welchyd1 (Dave)
6. Mad Dave
7. Crowman
8. Phaestos
9. Noodoo
10. Redfox
11. FireCrest
12. Gurnoid
13. Jim_Aramis
14. The Ratcatcher
15. caernbanog +1
16. LittleChief +2 (Gavdalf the Grey and Offroad Willy)
17. Mentalnurse (fri only)
18. Fell Monkey
19. Hammock Head +2 (sat only)
20. Spikey DaPikey.
21. Andy t (TBC)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
1. Dave +3
2. Cliv
3. Bilmo
4.Kendalphil
5. Welchyd1 (Dave)
6. Mad Dave
7. Crowman
8. Phaestos
9. Noodoo no longer coming due to work commitments
10. Redfox
11. FireCrest
12. Gurnoid
13. Jim_Aramis
14. The Ratcatcher
15. caernbanog +1
16. LittleChief +2 (Gavdalf the Grey and Offroad Willy)
17. Mentalnurse (fri only)
18. Fell Monkey
19. Hammock Head +2 (sat only)
20. Spikey DaPikey.
21. Andy t (TBC)

freenarative

Oct 18, 2012
oldham
Having gone here with the cubs AND scouts I can tell you it is fantastic. My best memory is cooking an egg inside a spud on the coals of a fire while star gazing and chillaxing in my bivouac. It is 2 miles from where I went to school and I spent MANY a night here as a child. It's fun. Alas, This is short notice for me so I can't come but next time I'll be bookin' a space!
P.s. PHOTOS please.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Having gone here with the cubs AND scouts I can tell you it is fantastic. My best memory is cooking an egg inside a spud on the coals of a fire while star gazing and chillaxing in my bivouac. It is 2 miles from where I went to school and I spent MANY a night here as a child. It's fun. Alas, This is short notice for me so I can't come but next time I'll be bookin' a space!
P.s. PHOTOS please.
Hope you can come next time freenarative :( ...

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Olly

Thats fine mate, Simon let me know you might be coming yesterday.

Dave

PS

can all people find me when you get there please and let me know you're there and also settle up camp fee's, those that are only staying 1 night , the right money would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hopefully I can get all my jobs out the way today and if so is there room for a little one n some bows?

freedom

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2011
liverpool
Hi,
Was wondering if I am not to late adding my name for Saturday night only, sorry I left it so late. I have read the forum rules and agree with them. I will went for the invite and if not I will attend the next meet. So all of you have great time this weekend.
Regards,
Phil

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester

I have a feeling this has already been covered and I've read it somewhere, but how exactly can I find everybody when I arrive at the site? Will it be blindingly obvious or should I head to a specific area?

Cheers.

Edit: Ehh, don't worry about it. I've missed my cut-off time due to faffing around after work for too long :/ won't be coming now, sorry.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE