Ghillie kettle group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Lot of Mkettles sent out aswell. And I haven't even finished the review on it yet. But I will say It's a good bit of kit

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Got my MKettle today. Yes it's small and yes it holds 500ml!

Just tested it with my Whitebox Stove and from bloom to boil with cold water at 10c outside with no wind, I had a rolling boil in 4 mins flat. Not tried solid fuel yet though. My home-made pop can stove, Budweiser Stove and mini bull stove also works.

My concern at the moment is the longevity of the neoprene sleeve which is in direct contact with the metal containing the water. I can see the heat degrading that fairly quickly?

It's a double edged sword really as you have to weigh off the compact size (which is a lot smaller than the Maverick) against having to source a new sleeve whenever it expires.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Update:

Just used some windblown (slightly damp) Ash twigs from my garden and got a rolling boil in 8 mins. Once going the chimney really draws the flames. With dry wood I think the time would be around 6 mins. As is the norm with wood there was some tar left in the chimney and fire bowl.

The only issue I discovered was that once it was boiling and I attempted to remove the kettle the tar had stuck the kettle to the fire bowl, but I didn't notice until the fire bowl and burning contents dropped onto my shoes!

Thanks goes to Sandbag for yet again organising another successful GB. Thanks mate.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
MKettle and Maverick arrived at work today, thanks! I impressed my friends with them and may have time to try them out at cadets tonight.

Thanks for organising this for us!

Claudiasboris

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
well wot service from sandbag47 i only ordered my kettle day before yesterday and it arrived by 12,30 today thanks for this gb sandbag47 very pleased with the anodised kettle regards dave:You_Rock_

Granite Head

Nomad
Aug 16, 2011
Dublin Mountains
M Kettle arrived today. Looks like a neat bit of kit - will test it out this weekend. Only (small) criticism is the size of the stuff sack - an extra 10mm would have made a huge difference.

Thanks for organising this group buy SB47goodjob

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
Kettle arrived this morning and a very smart piece of kit too!! Remarkably light so I'll be taking it to Scout camp this weekend as I'll likely be manning an activity base in the bottom end of the forest (Windemere) but can now have an easy & stylish brew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE