Ghillie kettle group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Hi all,
Ok I'm doing a group buy for Ghillie kettles heres their link http://www.ghillie-kettle.co.uk/.
I love these Kettles, I have had one for a few years now and it's one of my most used bits of kit. I even use it when I'm camping with the wife and kids (And her idea of camping is with a big family tent and electical hook-up).

We can get 25% off the price list Plus £5 P&P.
And theses no minimum amout of people in this GB to get the deal

The payment methods are paypal, Cheque or Bank payment (which I prefer)

I have put the list below

Ok folks.

Sandbag47

The Adventurer £34.49.
Anodised £41.96
Coated £37.49

The Explorer £31.43
Anodised £38.96
Coated £35.24

The Maverick £28.49
Anodised £33.71
Coated £31.49

MKettle £37.46

Full kits (Anodised) (Adventurer)£64.50 (Explorer)£61.46 (Maverick)£56.21
Full kits ................ (Adventurer)54.74 (Explorer)£51.72 (Maverick)£48.72

Pot Support £4.49.

Large cook kit anodised £14.96
Large cook kit £11.99.
Large´Xylan' coated £16.49.
Small Cook Kit £11.99
Small cook kit anodised £14.96

Triangular Support (Maverick) £4.49.
Triangular Support £5.24

Spare Whistle £5.24

Spare Fire Base (Maverick) £5.62
Spare Fire Base £6.00

Triangular Support (Maverick) £4.49
Triangular Support £5.24

Cork 50p

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I have a kelly kettle (ie similar but no whistle) and very happy with it for boiling water.

Based on my experience, I'd say things to watch out for/be aware of (in addition to Ged's comments on safety) are:
  • This type of kettle can be unstable when full of (possibly boiling) water. Maybe it's just mine but the base tends to get a bit deformed and less stable as it gets older. So some kind of support like the one on the Ghillie site (or a home made equivalent) is a good idea. I haven't seen this before so if anyone does a home made - but simple - version it would be valuable for everyone to see it
  • I'm not convinced on the usefulness of the base on its own for cooking as it is a bit of a faff adding extra fuel - can be done but not a method of choice
  • in the video the boiling kettle is removed with the spout TOWARDS the person removing it - I think it would be safer to remove it with the spout AWAY from the user as it is possible to catch the kettle on the base or otherwise tip the kettle - and so pouring out boiling water - when removing it

Must... resist..... must.... oh go on then... I'll take an anodised Maverick please. Thanks for arranging this group buy.

Sandbag47
udamiano - Adventurer please
Wicca - Maverick (anodised) Please.
SilentBob - Maverick (anodised) please.​

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was tempted in getting one then I just had an email from my local bushcraft store saying they've got a sale on Ghillie Kettles and it works out that I can buy a coated kettle for the same price as the plain kettle including P&P here.

Good luck with the GB but I'm off today to get my Christmas pressie early :D

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Mmmmmmmm yes so I see but only with some of the Coated ones and it's only the 2nd class postage that makes the differenence. So I am still continuing with this GB....But thanks for your input Steve

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi all, sorry to hijack the thread, I have seen these advertised over the internet quite alot, but my very silly question is are they actually as good as they look? I would be interested in buying one but I would want it to be used for car camping but equally when I eventually get off my bum and find the time to get back out there with my pack in the woods I would want it to be portable!! I do very much like the idea of it as it does seem a very clever idea!! Im very much a person who likes the simple gadgets as there is a lot less to go wrong!!
not so sure I would like to clean the stainless steel pan the bloke uses in the video after he cooked the beans over that roaring fire lol!!
Cheers
Steve

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi all, sorry to hijack the thread, I have seen these advertised over the internet quite alot, but my very silly question is are they actually as good as they look? I would be interested in buying one but I would want it to be used for car camping but equally when I eventually get off my bum and find the time to get back out there with my pack in the woods I would want it to be portable!! I do very much like the idea of it as it does seem a very clever idea!! Im very much a person who likes the simple gadgets as there is a lot less to go wrong!!
not so sure I would like to clean the stainless steel pan the bloke uses in the video after he cooked the beans over that roaring fire lol!!
Cheers
Steve

They do work, very well in all weathers

They are bulky and a bit of a one trick pony, I have two though and wouldn't be without one for day hikes and canoe trips, not too practical for multi day hikes though.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Mine is one of my most used bits of kit. But not great if your travelling light, but if camping buy car you will love it. Like shewie said you can use it in all weathers. And you will never regret getting one of these !!

Last edited:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Been out for three nights in this Springlike weather, only the leaf fall tells the season.. Collected Ghillie kettle from the boatyard office today, thanks SB47...
greenwood20-Nov003.jpg

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
hmm ok sandbag i need a price for the maverick (anadised) with cookset (anadised) but not the complete one basically i dont want the top pan support or the base support wire (if that makes sense) also i would like a cork thrown in but just loose so i can use the whistle. if you can get me a price for that ill see how quick i can arrange the funds...

ta laaaaaaa

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
yes it makes sence I just need to get the price for a cork (steve did give me one off the top of his head but I just need to confirm it that is correct with him)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE