Getting the heck out of Dodge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Well, technically I'm actually getting the heck out of Chelmsford, but it just doesn't sound right...

On Monday I depart for a round the world adventure, so I might not be posting very often for the next while. I plan to drop in occasionally and will attempt to share some of the fun as it happens.

I'll be passing through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysian Borneo, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Hawaii and Canada. So, if you're in any of those places and fancy meeting up for few nights under the stars or even a few beers then let me know. AddyB, I've already got you pencilled in for a pint or eight in B.C... :beerchug:

The whole misadventure will be documented in an online journal with lots of pictures and not many words. I think (although i've not actually put any content up yet) it will be held here:

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Craven/

I hpoe you all have a great winter - Say hi to it for me, I won't be seeing it this year :cool:

Cheers,
Neil

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Have a great time Neil. Definitely drop in and let us know how it's going when you have the time
:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Have a fantastic time Neil, we’ll be looking forward to hearing how you’re doing on your journey, it’s going to be fantastic I’m sure. Some pics would be great too :D

Look after yourself ;)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Neil,
I can give a thinbs up for five of your intended stopping points, I'm sure you'll have a ball. Even better that you're doing it all in one hit.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Have a great time

Ogri the trog

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
I did my round the world thing 15 years ago, so I know you're in for a life changing time. Be careful tho, I came back with a much more relaxed view of life, and my career has suffered ever since :lmao:

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Greetings from Phnom Penh!

Well, firstly apologies not having put a single word in the blog. It seems that so much is going on that I haven't had time to write it all!

Still, been busy. Spend a few days in Bangkok, did a bit of sightseeing including a really cool snake bite/rabies red cross centre which farms its own snakes for antivenin. Then Siem Reap, home of Angkor Wat.

It's pretty mad out here. Loads going on, loads of street vendors, tuktuk drivers and little street urchins flogging postcards. The temples are pretty amazing. I won't bore you with the pictures...

Had a nightmare getting there from Bangkok - 21 of us, with luggage, plus driver and codriver, in one toyota Hilux for eight hours on a flooded, potholed dirt track. I can only just face sitting down 2 days later!

Checked out a landmine museum-come-orphanage after all the Wats. Really interesting stuff; they even have a mock minefield so you can see exactly how hard they are to spot, and all the guides are victims themselves so you can see the impact it has on the community. You can see folk with missing limbs from stumbling across them in the fields all over the place, and there are still 6 to 10 million of these things knocking about the countryside, as well as loads of unexploded bombs. Most are plastic too so can't be picked up by a metal detector.

Today in PP we went to see S-21, torture and interrogation base for the Khmer Rouge and out tomorrow to see the Killing Fields, where they took the folk from S-21 next. Cheery.
Then Vietnam, if it hasn't been washed away...

Anyway, best dash. Got to go try and find the nice Swedish girls we met the other day...

Hope all is well back in the UK

N.

Ps. Cheekily just pasted this post into the blog. Now I have a working blog. I feel so cool. Just like the kidz...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE