German Para Boot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
Hi i was looking for advice regarding german para boot sizes i am a size 11 in a Timberland Boot and a 12 in a Scarpa walking boot can anyone tell me if they are a big fitting boot ?

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi - the ones I've had (about 6 pairs) have generally been a size larger than they say - I suppose to allow for socks etc.

Hope that helps. Are you asking because you're buying online?

Cheers, Magentus

Phineas

Oct 31, 2010
Norfolk
Hi,

I have been researching para boots because I have very wide feet so find comfy boots hard to find.

A surplus seller told me recently that German para boots come in width fittings. Usually printed on the tongue of the boot and given in millimetres. I believe the max width is 112mm.

The catch is that no seller I have seen, either in a shop or online, has ever advertised the fact that they come in width fittings. So you could get what you think is your size, find it too narrow/wide when you try it on and think that para boots aren't right for you and give up on them and look at other types of boots instead.

So, if youre trying on para boots, be aware and have a look on the inside of the tongue for a width fitting printed there.

I should say though that I have been told this by email, I haven't had a chance to look at any paraboots to check this for myself.

Cheers
Phineas

Phineas

Oct 31, 2010
Norfolk
Yours must be size 12 and 112 mm wide. The widest fitting. What's the 04 04 6 mean then?

If size 12 is 300, what is size 9?

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I've got a 275 - and I'm a 9 and a half (and I had to put a couple of insoles in so they dont slip). Best thing to do is to ring up Endicotts - if I hadn't got mine locally, thats where I would have bought them from.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE