Gerd Jørgensen (Bushcraft) Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Hi - Grateful for any advice from owners of Gerd's knives (http://www.mamut.com/gjknives). Quality, handling, value for money and service please. His curly birch handled felleskap is in competition with the Woodlores in my mind (actually it is winning the competition). His work looks outstanding. Thank you.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i aim to get one of his modified F1s when i can afford it.. as well as one of his bows if i can ever afford that! Gerd is a member of this site and of british blades.. you would do well to ask this question on british blades as i think there are probably more people over there who own one of his knives!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
John Boy said:
Hi - Grateful for any advice from owners of Gerd's knives (http://www.mamut.com/gjknives). Quality, handling, value for money and service please. His curly birch handled felleskap is in competition with the Woodlores in my mind (actually it is winning the competition). His work looks outstanding. Thank you.

His work is excellent - he is an artist and a bushcrafter who actually uses the tools he makes.

I would say his biggest asset is that he actually cares about the tools he makes. You cant go wrong with any of his tools.

In fact I personally rate him so highly that I choose him above dozens of other knife makers to make my new BFK - and I am 100% happy with every thing he has done!

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
I have a number of Gerd's knives and they are absolutely oustanding, the workmanship is second to none and very reasonably priced - superb value for money!

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Thanks everyone - his work does look outstanding and it is great to get some feedback from people who own or have handled his knives. I have already e mailed him and look forward to his reply - will let you know.

I am just trying to avoid the magnetic attraction of the Woodlore!

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Great knife maker.

I have from him a traditional scandi utility knife with handle of curly grained birch, a reprofiled Felleskap Trond blade with a curly grained birch handle and an order in the making. :D

Value for money is great; service is also great keeps you inform through all details of making the knife and sheath.

I have an AW Woodlore but if I'm going out I'll take the Felleskap.

I have some pictures but don’t know how to resize or put them up. :confused:

Iain

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
John Boy said:
. I have already e mailed him and look forward to his reply - will let you know.

Gerd's been having a few computer problems recently so your reply may be a bit delayed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE