Fungi Forays

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I know dangerously little about indentifying edible fungi (despite my Collins field guide!) and I'd like to learn more and reap the coming harvest - does anyone know of any upcoming fungi forays or similar in may area? (London/Herts/Essex)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Yep. The 'Fungi to be with' group (part of the London Mycological soc.) is a group I go on forays with. Their next foray in S. London is on Wimbledon Common on Sunday October 9th.

Their website is HERE

Andy, who leads the walks, is an encyclopedia of fungi. You may also recognise him if you ever listened to new romantic bands in the eighties (I didn't and don't :rolleyes: )
His partner Yvette also comes on the walks and is excellent at pointing out herbs etc. and their uses.

If you look at their website they also do forays on Hampstead Heath and Epping Forest which may be nearer to you.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Sydenham Hill Woods, SE26 have a fungi foray every autumn. They have not yet announced the date (I read their notice board yesterday).

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I'm sure there's one at ashridge but don't know the dates as yet might be able to get some one to come out for a walk with us Rich pm me if your interestd we'll talk.

James

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
No probs Roving Rich I go on holiday this friday for two weeks on the west coast of france :D after i come back we'll sort something out.

James

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi James, If you are going for a rummage around the woods at Ashridge sometime I'd love to meet up with you there if I may? I'm based in Milton Keynes so it's not too far to travel, and I'd love to learn about fungi hunting from someone who knows what's what on the matter.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A fungal foray has been announced in SE London - Sydenham Hill Woods, starting at Crescent Wood Road entrance 1pm 5th November.

I shall aim to be there. Anyone else likely to be coming?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If any forrays like this come up, it may be an idea to post a thread in the meetups and social chatter forum..... that should get some people there :D

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE