Full-tang Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I really hope it's not going to be too expensive as it looks a good knife, it's obviously got more going on than a 2mm thick companion, if it's under £70 I'll buy one.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
$112 is what i saw it as, and likely that will mean £100 over here. Always does.

$100 rrp means atleast £60 once it hits our shores. And with that likely being the case.. I'ma say no thanks.

Considering I'd just saw off that handle material anyway, it's a plain waste of money unless you are going to use it as is. Maybe the americans will love it, but not for me at that price or that type of fugly handle. No sir.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Really Rob?

Its a £15 Mora with a poorer blade shape and a bit more tang.....but that bit of tang is not worth the rest of the price.

And why would you pay for one, when you can make much better, for much less?

I really hope it's not going to be too expensive as it looks a good knife, it's obviously got more going on than a 2mm thick companion, if it's under £70 I'll buy one.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Thing is, I love knives and I like to try stuff out, I'm not going over £250 these days as there's plenty of good knives out there at reasonable prices.
I always go back to the bushtools for a bushy knife as I make them how I like and they are very strong.
It's nice to have a play with something different, last two knives I bought were a DPX HEST folder and a fallkniven S1 pro, both excellent utility knives, neither of which I could make.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Really Rob?

Its a £15 Mora with a poorer blade shape and a bit more tang.....but that bit of tang is not worth the rest of the price.

And why would you pay for one, when you can make much better, for much less?

Out of interest Mark, if you were to make that shape and style as a blank in 01, what would you be charging?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Fair enough mate. I'm the opposite one of the scale to you then i guess. I won't pay for knives anymore, i just make em. Only bought one in last 6 years, and that was from here... old school Schrade folder.

Thing is, I love knives and I like to try stuff out, I'm not going over £250 these days as there's plenty of good knives out there at reasonable prices.
I always go back to the bushtools for a bushy knife as I make them how I like and they are very strong.
It's nice to have a play with something different, last two knives I bought were a DPX HEST folder and a fallkniven S1 pro, both excellent utility knives, neither of which I could make.

Out of interest Mark, if you were to make that shape and style as a blank in 01, what would you be charging?

For similar to the FT Mora, blade blank? Standard 3mm/4mm 01 prices mate. £50/£60 plus post.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Some nice and good views here, so I am trying not to repeat it, but I cannot avoid it :)

I think Mora made this mainly for the US market and tries to compete with Fallkniven and Essee etc.
It is a survival knife not a bushcraft knife.
Al that black plastic does not make this a bushcraft favorite.
I have to say that the design is very good though. I prefer this above Essee and Fallkniven. The 27 degree latest version of Sandvik14C28N and Mora's upgraded heat treatment will make it very very good. The very smart and Multi (and safe!) carry sheath (all Mora sheaths are really poor) also adds to the cost.

The sheat style is discussed rather nice here: https://www.lamnia.com/nl/p/13690/messen-en-vouwmessen/messen/mora-of-sweden-garberg

Fact still remains that my Mora Classic 2, The Sandvik Companion, Companion Heavy duty and Bushcraft black combined , which I own and use still, still cost less then this knife alone...
ps the Mora Bushcraft Black is really well suited for every bushcraft task.
Again I class this as a first class Survival knife, maybe my first choice on the market (but I do not need a survival knife :), since I alway carry a Mora Bushcraft Black out n about and in other places (not illegal that is).

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Talking of ESEE they are coming out with a variant of the 3 and 4 with a french trade style shaped handle and without choil.

https://eseeknives.com/esee-3-4hm.htm

Expected to be around the pricing of the current 3 & 4... so $110-130 ish... so it has stiff competition in the US imo.

(Obviously needs stripping of the horrid coating though)

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
That is one ugly knife. I'll pass, especially at that price. In fact, do you know what, it's not ugly, it's Just generic and boring. Which is worse than ugly.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I've never had a Mora, never really liked or wanted one but I like this full tang one, it looks useful and able to take a lot of abuse, I might just try one.

A lot of my foraging and fishing is done on the shore so stainless and plastic work very well.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
No thanks! Double or treble the price of my Companion for a Quids worth of extra Steel and less plastic needed? Retooling aside (anyone know how much this could be?) it should be £5 more than the short tang knives!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE