Full-tang Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
looks ok to me, I probably on't get one but it looks nice enough, i'd imagine it will be £50-60 or more, they've definitely given their knives a higher value the last few years and the price of steel has gone way down, but hey, they're popular knives.

I look forward to reading someone's reviews

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I like it, probably get one to play with then sell it as usual!
I'm a big fan of the Mora 2000 if they did that in 3.2mm I'd rate that very highly as a user.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
That, and the general shape. It's too narrow to just put scales on, and would need a bit of grinding to handle as a stick tang. I guess you could route out the shape of the tang in two separate scales and attach them, but with that much work involved there are better options out there to rehandle.

I recall seeing someone rehandle a stick tang F1 by just putting scales on the side - I didn't understand how that wasn't just really rubbish and secretly suspect it was!

There are def better options for people who want to put handles on!

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I recall seeing someone rehandle a stick tang F1 by just putting scales on the side - I didn't understand how that wasn't just really rubbish and secretly suspect it was!

There are def better options for people who want to put handles on!

Agreed. I think the best option would be gringing down the tang a bot and doing it lik a very wide stick tang. A bit like that trailmaster you did for me a few years back, but with a bit of tang exposed at the bolster area. Will be nice to see what folk come up with.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
A three part handle? Hadn't thought of that as an option.

US prices were just releases: 100 usd with polymer sheath, 110 usd with leather.

Last edited:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Agreed. I think the best option would be gringing down the tang a bot and doing it lik a very wide stick tang. A bit like that trailmaster you did for me a few years back, but with a bit of tang exposed at the bolster area. Will be nice to see what folk come up with.

Yep, either that or do a frame tang type construction like Rob has shown.

I understand rehandling an F1 (I have one in the works, and a H1 stick) but they're in VG10 steel. These won't be anything fancy so I don't see why anyone would choose to.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I'm not quite understanding the multi-mount sheath. Can't work out from the pic how it multi-mounts to anything to be honest. Not like anything I've seen before. Looks like it was inspired by an Egyptian sarcophagus! :D

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
45ea034c4da00a9f43a84a60a1e16b0f.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Whilst I suspect it may be cheaper than 100$ this side of the pond, still...

Also surprising little difference in cost between the sheaths.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
List price and actual cost could be quite different. It usually is for knives here in the colonies. I know I would not spend $100 for it, although I do like the design.

Jan 5, 2016
Norge
100$? Now that's just crazy. It looks nice and probably will be, but for that price I would buy me a completely different knife.
I could buy a handmade Helle for that much money.
I really hope it will be cheaper. Around 50£ would be acceptable.
By the way, Moras costs about the same here in Norway as they do in the UK.

Last edited:

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Mora knives are great knives for the money. But they look like what they are...cheap knives! This new one also looks like a cheap knife to me. If they over price it then it will flop. Why would I buy this when I can get a better knife for the same money or put an extra few quid to it and buy a Fallkniven F1 or similar??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE