Full-tang Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I'm not exactly going "WOW!" to be honest. Nice enough but I like the Morakniv2000 more.

Wonder what the RRP will be?

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Looks like it would be a great knife for use on the water. The closed sheath and stainless steel would make it appealing for that purpose. I'm hoping they'll offer a carbon version though and will probably hold off until they do.

Is it just me, or does the exposed tang look like it is wider than the middle of the handle?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
May have a choice of sheaths?

MORA%2BGarberg%2Bfull%2Btang%2BBushcraft%2BKnife.jpeg

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That's a nice looking sheath. I'm no good at attaching pictures, but Dave Canterbury has some pictures of the just the knife blank without the handle and it doesn't look at all suitable for rehandling. I'd say a bit of grinding would have to be done and you'd end up with a wide stick tang, rather than a full tang.

I see Johnnyboy has provided a pic while I was typing. Thanks.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
That's a nice looking sheath. I'm no good at attaching pictures, but Dave Canterbury has some pictures of the just the knife blank without the handle and it doesn't look at all suitable for rehandling. I'd say a bit of grinding would have to be done and you'd end up with a wide stick tang, rather than a full tang.

I see Johnnyboy has provided a pic while I was typing. Thanks.

That because of the notches on the top and bottom?

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That because of the notches on the top and bottom?

That, and the general shape. It's too narrow to just put scales on, and would need a bit of grinding to handle as a stick tang. I guess you could route out the shape of the tang in two separate scales and attach them, but with that much work involved there are better options out there to rehandle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE