Full-tang Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If the Bushcraft Black is around £35/40 and the Pathfinder is quite a bit more I'm sure this new one will be pricey.
For one I'm looking forward to it.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Mora have said they are trying to keep the cost reasonable on this. Exactly what that means remains to be seen.

I imagine a blade blank will follow very shortly aince mora offer most pf their blades as blanks anyway.

They may offer the blade blank for £40... might be worth a play?

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I imagine a blade blank will follow very shortly aince mora offer most pf their blades as blanks anyway.

Good point! Just makes it even more intriguing! You can't even make out the thickness of the steel from the photo. Damn you Mora marketing department!!!:)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
They are certainly sparking everyone's interest. If funds allow i'd like to have either the knife, or preferably the blank if it is offered. I wonder will it be offered in carbon and stainless?

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
They are certainly sparking everyone's interest. If funds allow i'd like to have either the knife, or preferably the blank if it is offered. I wonder will it be offered in carbon and stainless?

It most likely will! They will have their feelers out to see what the response is already. Looks like their marketing team have upped their game lately with the cloak and dagger mystery stunt....And it seems like it's working to me!! They want to make money. What business doesn't! I just hope that the rest of the knife,once we see it,lives up to the anticipation. If it does then they're on to a winner! They may even start offering it in fancy steels.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
If I'm seeing cures correctly, it's a full length stick tang like the Fallkie F1. I wonder how many people are going to be disappointed having expected a full tang knife in the more traditional sense of, say, a woodlore.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
If I'm seeing cures correctly, it's a full length stick tang like the Fallkie F1. I wonder how many people are going to be disappointed having expected a full tang knife in the more traditional sense of, say, a woodlore.

Yeah, looks like a wide stick tang Stew. The pommel end of the handle looks like a separate cap and I would have maybe expected to see a pin or bolt in the photo. I'm thinking, with the protruding steel at the pommel, that the thickness of the blank will be way more than their norm. Would you bother leaving it exposed with 3mm steel?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
There's another picture that they released with the knife in a gloved hand. You can see the side of the tang and while I'm not saying I have an accurate eyeball tape measure, it does look quite thin still. I don't think it looks thick enough to be 4mm (though the angle may make it harder to see) and wouldn't be surprised if it was 3.5mm or 3mm.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Just seen the gloved hand pic. Still difficult to tell blade thickness. Looks quite nice in that shot! I can't help picturing the Morakniv 2000 profile. I'm probably totally wrong though!!

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
The finishing to the butt of the tang looks a bit rough and ready. Ideal for a bit of refining and some new clothes.
Looks about 2 - 2.5mm to me in the picture, but anything sub 4mm is a winner for me.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
See the new post on Dave Canterbury's youtube channel : Wildernessoutfitters. A quick presentation of the new knife, but no full review yet.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Just begging for new clothes and providing the price is right, I'm gona jump on this bandwagon. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE