Fuel for stove £35 per gallon........................ ................

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have recently just traded a multifuel stove from Cowboy & may I say I'm well chuffed with the deal, (he is also pleased) so I think I will get some fuel for the said stove easy I thought. I did not have a fuel can for my car never needed one, so I recce a can go to the garage £2.50 will fill two metal fuel bottles job done. Happy Chap.

I was in Go outdoors and thought I would look at the white fuel (Coleman Fuel) WHAT! £6.99 a litre that's £35 a gallon To say I was shocked was an understatement. I'm all for the environment and such but to burn clean fuel & save a bit cleaning of the stove the price is ridiculous. I know that you will not use a lot of fuel but I can not get my head round £35 a gallon.:rant:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You've obviously never bought printer ink or dog medicine...

2nd on that too, just getting a sick dog better and considerably lighter in pocket as a result... but I wouldn't have it any other way. About the printer cartridges/ink My mate bought himself a printer/scanner recently and ignored the prices of the machines but when to look at the replacement cartridges instead, picked out the cheapest ones and bought the printer that they fitted. I plan on doing the exact same thing when the time comes.

As for the £35 a gallon for fuel, that's just silly... but why am I not shocked? :confused:

garethw

Settler
This is one of the reasons all of the Coleman stoves I've ever owned have been run on unleaded. I've read the arguments about cleaner burning etc.. but I just don't want to get burned applying them.
Good quality unleaded, and perhaps a few drops of Redex if things get sooted up!!
Both my Sporster and Double burner are at least 21 years old... and work just fine.

cheers
Gareth

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
My coleman lamps ran on standard unleaded for 3 years...
I just built a simple filter with mesh gauze (1 micron) into a funnel. Filtered the fuel into a suitable container and added a few drops (literally) of STP carb cleaner from new.

Never had a blocked jet or soot, worked like new from day one. Simples.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Sitting around an unleaded fuel stove burning unleaded car petrol is bad for your health. Once in a while is fine, but those additives designed to make the engine work well are not good for the human body. Most stovies will advocate using "white gas" instead, of which Aspen 4T is a very good and affordable alternative to "Coleman Fuel" and the like.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A couple of years ago Coleman fuel in the UK came in 500ml tins, typical price £6.99 or £13 a litre so its half price these days.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Lt-2K-Tw...plies_Paint&hash=item4cf038dc9b#ht_785wt_1168

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5L-Can-Te...pplies_Paint&hash=item53ec7d159d#ht_806wt_910

Burn very clean and is about half price even with postage, ask at a local motor spares shop and no postage.

Aspen is very good but short on distribution centres (none within 30 miles of me) so go with the panel wipe if there's not one near you. Even if you only buy five litres, thats a lot of cooking time on a stove.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Richard is right. Coleman fuel has never been cheap in this country but it is substantially cheaper now than it was 5 yrs ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE