Frying pan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trod

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2011
Wigan
Not sure if this is the right place but !
I'm after a decent frying pan that would hold enough for a large breakfast or a good sized stew , it needs to be open fire friendly too , what do you guys use ?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Have a look at vogue stainless steel frying pans. I have a set of three, a 7, 10 and 14 inch. They work just fine on campfires and I've used them at work for years, so no worries about durability. Cheap too!

*edit* originally posted the brand as genware, just checked and they are made by vogue.

Last edited:

Trod

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2011
Wigan
Have a look at vogue stainless steel frying pans. I have a set of three, a 7, 10 and 14 inch. They work just fine on campfires and I've used them at work for years, so no worries about durability. Cheap too!

*edit* originally posted the brand as genware, just checked and they are made by vogue.
They look promising , I could cut the handle down for compactness ! Cheers

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Mike (from MCQ Bush Craft) uses a titanium plate. He cuts a slit into a length of wood to fashion a handle.

Here's a video from Mike, just on his frying pan :) Clicky.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
weight not an issue?.......cast iron

Backpack type pan.....msr, tatonka, and trangia are deffo worth a look

I'v got a 145mm TI pan from 'toaks' i find bid enough for one person

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I was in my local TK Max at the weekend and they had a few decent size cast iron pans for about £15 . I bought one a couple of years ago and it gets used all the time in the house.

Craig. .....

Trod

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2011
Wigan
Thanks guys , some great ideas there ! MSR alpine looks great but some other alternatives look good too , cheers y'all

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Buy a simple sheet iron wok. They can't be expensive. Cook everything in it, bamboo steamer baskets on top.
I have several. For a camp, my biggest has a single long handle and a bit of a flat bottom.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cool, someone's selling Hillbilly Camping stuff in the UK.

Mind, I'm glad I got mine direct when the Oz dollar was really low to the pound. It is completely bombproof stuff.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE