Frozen UK satellite pic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great shot looks more like the antarctic ...

frozen2.jpg

Just a light shower for Norway though, just look at how good that road is ...

snowroad.jpg

Last edited:

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
thats nuts. i didn't realise it was the entire island!!!

looks like a very shifty manouvre is coming for that guy, definitely doesn't look two cars wide...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That just looks weird :eek: Britain's always green. -11 last night in my back garden about midnight though. There's a slight wind today and it cuts through like a knife, it's bitter.

Thanks for the links though :)

Keep safe,

cheers,
M

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I remember the last big cold snap, I must have been twelve or so. There wasn't a huge amount of snow but it had drifted off the fields and ended up in deep drifts on the roads (we were off school for a week). The drifts were about 6 or 7 feet deep and the snow ploughs had to cut a track through the whole lot from St Andrews all the way to Anstruther in Fife. The pic from Norway reminded me of that.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
looks like a very shifty manouvre is coming for that guy, definitely doesn't look two cars wide...

If you look carefully at the far side snow-wall, you can see the grooves from the wing mirrors of the oncoming vehicles!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Last edited:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
They're great photos right enough.

It's beautiful round here at the moment. The sun's broken through for the first time today but there's still enough freezing fog that the air seems to be full of glitter. There are rainbows all over the place including an upside down one above the sun that's a bit like a huge lens flare.

Perhaps gazing up at the sun wasn't such a good idea though. Can barely see my monitor now.:rolleyes:

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Wow, fantastic! Thanks Shewie it's amazing! - if you look closely you can see Toddy in the Garden!

I'm not happy about the bleeding wind either - I have to stand outside Tesco's today in a silk top and trousers advertising the panto I'm in - brrr! I just hope the tights, leggins and woolie socks will keep the cold at bay enough

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Abit of grit would be nice, two days ago i spent 3 hours removing a layer of snow(15 inche's thick) and ice from the front of the car-to the road(road of compacted ice and snow) only for a council van with grit in the back to do a Uturn where id just been clearing and then drive off without so much as a sprinkle of grit! it took us 1.5 hours to drive to and from the shops,a round trip of 4 miles, its still snowing here, has done for a week, and occasinaly a grit lorry drive's past, but drop's no grit!!!! is this so they can pretend they have? or are they just taking the p***?My misses started a new job last Monday and could only make it in for the first 2 days(its 60miles away so a round trip of 120 a day in these condition's aint possible)luckily her bosses have been understanding, but she has to be in for Monday coming,and we need to go to get a proper shop in (30 mile round trip ) as we are real low in food and fuel, we have not got a 4x4, but a front wheel drive which aint up to the roads we have to deal with, im sure there are million's like us but after not having enough grit last year what are the councils up to? .I heard from a friend(he'd listened to a radio show) that a Proffesor had warned about this winter 6months ago but the Government had gone for there own man who had told them to expect a warm wet winter!
dont know if this is true but, i will leave it there as i dont want to get Political.

by the way does'nt the UK look pretty in shewie's pic, and ps weve got heavy snow at the minute so it should look even whiter on the North east of England,South east of Scotland border!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hope you and the family get out and back home again safe.
Stock up though, supposedly there's at least another week of this to come :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

troy ap De skog

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
In a Shack
Son1 sent me a link last night. Apparantly a wind had shifted one of the Atlantic currents and instead of the Gulf Stream washing around us, it's warming Greenland :rolleyes:

well thats going to screw up the european white fish (Cod, Haddock ect.) stocks then.. no warm water to brind baitfish and plankton.

... but back to the waether its nice to have real seasons for a change. i mean we had a hot summer, a fruit fall autumn and now a white winter,
then stilll i dont get why every one down here in the south east is going on about how cold it is, its still + temps in the day, and im still in shorts, admitedly im now using a jumper, and proberly have lost my mind along with my second snow shoe in the wood a few days ago...

well im off to help out at scout camp so ill catch up latter on.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
p.s. The cities look grey because they create enough heat that they are effectively micro climates. They melt the snow/ clear the streets, etc., so won't come up so white as elsewhere.

And theres me thinking they are just grey, depressing places no matter what the weather..... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE