From old gate post to bowl...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leadblaster

Jan 27, 2016
Cheshire
image.jpgimage.jpg

This was a 14 year old oak gate post from the top of my drive, I was quite upset to see a good solid oak post deteriorate so quickly. I had done some reasarching at the time of making the fence and it suggested that a life of around 70 years wasn't unreasonable..non the less I got to work making some nice oak bowls on a small woodworking lathe that had been given to me by a friend. The 6" square post was to large for the lathe so I had to make it octagonal first of all to fit and spin in the lathe, this was my first attemp at wood turning and was quite surprised just how it came out.

Leadblaster

Jan 27, 2016
Cheshire
Hey Bobnewboy,

That's stunning work there, really good... Your photos are so vivid, the colours are quite something...

Really nice .

Leadblaster

Jan 27, 2016
Cheshire
image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks ever so much for the kind replies, this was my second bowl, I made 4 in total and started to get the hang of what each tool did, I must say though that this was a little to big for the machine really and took quite a bit of effort to keep it concentric on the spindle ... To much weight spinning I guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE