French Language Course ( Modern ' Linguaphone or Rosetta Stone' )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As per title , I'm looking for a Language course in French , I'd like a modern DVD one as opposed to Tape which I think will be either 'Linguaphone or Rosetta Stone' although all suggestions of other courses appreciated.

( I want to own rather than loan from the Library in case anyone was going to suggest it )

Serious request , so please post or get in touch via PM.

Many Thanks.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Linkword languages. I think they are the best ones... taught myself french in 6 weeks before going Legion.

Last edited:

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
+1 for linkword gets you going and speaking very quickly . I used the greek one and was up and running in no time.

Haggis

Nomad
Many moons ago, when I entered the French language program at university. My French professor told the class that the two best ways to learn French were to spend 4 years studying very hard in his classes, then go to live in France for six months, or, buy a plane ticket to France and a book of French phrases to read on the flight to France, then live in France for six months.

I graduated with honors in French, but I've never been able to stay in France for more than a week.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I can't praise Michel Thomas' CD course enough. Boosted my vocabulary and confidence. They were given away free with some Sunday newspapers too. No memorisation no learning by rote, it worked for me and I couldn't speak a word of French before I started on this.

Here's a link to just one eBay seller flogging the set.

And here's a page I called up with more of the same

Charity shops sometimes have those language CDs in their make a donation box on the counter top. Worth a punt mate. Hope this helps.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Linkword languages. I think they are the best ones... taught myself french in 6 weeks before going Legion.

Six Weeks! Sacre Bleu! [Obviously fluent.;)]

On a serious note though, Im very impressed with your legion background Mark. Obviously quite a solid character!

Last edited:

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I asked this question a few years ago and the two recommended to me were Michel Thomas and Pimsleur, which is apparently what the CIA and US state department use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE