Free 3M Safety Glasses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
maybe but if they can give 3 'free' pairs to each company in the uk, then 3m must be rolling in it, some people now might just get their m8s to request a free sample or get their bosses to do it thinking its a good idea

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
You are all busted!

Not all of us, I ordered my pair through a registered business for use at work. Cross check away! This is a fairly standard thing for companies to do, where I work we send out free samples everyday in hopes of bringing in more business and we're nowhere near as big as 3M. Speculate to accumulate and all that...:cool:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bottom line is that they have a promotion that is intended to be used in a certain way, they've very very politely come on and asked that we respect that and we all should, I think it's very good of them to have taken the time.

It's a respect issue that has no relevance to how much they earn or give away.

goodjob

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
did he/she join this site just to post that one post. does anyone else think that she/he is doing that on other forums?

It appears so. Saying that, more or less all posts on the forum are public so its no surprise they found this forum and more than likely others.

Not all of us, I ordered my pair through a registered business for use at work. Cross check away! This is a fairly standard thing for companies to do, where I work we send out free samples everyday in hopes of bringing in more business and we're nowhere near as big as 3M. Speculate to accumulate and all that...:cool:

I also ordered them through my company as we would use them daily. It just happens that i was honest about being a salesman. Even though i will not be the primary person using them people i work with will. Its no surprise though that people will come up with a fake business name all in the name of a freebie.

Last edited:

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
please do discuss then how do companies like 3m are able to give away free stuff, there last year must of been quite gd

Thats not the issue, Tony is saying we should be respectful and not take there stuff when we are not entitled to it. Out of respect for them.

And your in risky teritory arguing with the mods.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
please do discuss then how do companies like 3m are able to give away free stuff, there last year must of been quite gd

I dare say that 3M's profits for FY 09 were very good. They are a global corporation with a diverse product range. is that really the issue though?

Companies giving away free samples to the trade in the hope of getting some extra business is a well established trade practice that is as old as the hills.

The offer from what I read was if you were a UK registered business you could request some samples. It's a pretty straightforward request really even from a 'global corporate' such as 3M.

At a guess I'm betting their marketing department was wanting to build a data base for follow up marketing and hoping to increase market penetration or gain some market share from companies like Uvex or Bolle.

If then you end up getting 1000's of requests from every man and his dog on a: bushcraft, airsoft, cycling forum some of whom are legitimate businesses and a lot of whom are not. What are you going to do?

The arguement that '3m are a big corporation and can afford to give away free stuff' is not really relavent.

They set criteria for the offer. If you can meet those criteria then fine if not then tough ti*s. Simple really....

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
well i never asked for any in the end anyway because i read the terms and conditions first and the bit when u click on request a free sample that said u need to be a reg. uk business, most of u its seems wanted free stuff

R

RBrackeen

Hi everybody,

I made a mistake and inserted a capital letter for 3M Select. The site address is actually http://www.3mselect.co.uk/

Again, we do appreciate the visits to our site and we wish we could accommodate everyone's sample requests; business or not. However, this being a campaign for registered UK businesses, we cannot change at this time.

In the future we will consider the overwhelming individual demand for 3M eyewear.

Sincerely,
Rhett Brackeen, 3M

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Hi everybody,

I made a mistake and inserted a capital letter for 3M Select. The site address is actually http://www.3mselect.co.uk/

Again, we do appreciate the visits to our site and we wish we could accommodate everyone's sample requests; business or not. However, this being a campaign for registered UK businesses, we cannot change at this time.

In the future we will consider the overwhelming individual demand for 3M eyewear.

Sincerely,
Rhett Brackeen, 3M

Thanks Rhett...ours arrived this morning, and very handy they will be.

Sack

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I forgot about this. I haven't recieved a pair even though I requested them for a registered business. It's a pair of safety glasses at the end of the day so I won't be chasing them up or holding my breath!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE