Forged Hand adze/mini adze.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Offered for sale is this neat little handforged adze.The curved hollowing blade is a touch under 2in wide and 3&3/4in long.It has a blunt pointed tang fixing held in place with a boxwood wedge.The formed handle is made from an Ash branch crook for strength, 8in long.Quite light in weight this will be perfect for small bowl hollowing.Im asking £35 inc p&p.
PICT2890.jpg

PICT2891.jpg

PICT2892.jpg

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Arrived today , gave it quick sharpen and my chippy mate fell in love with it , so I gave it to him . Used my funmoney , so expect a request for another in about two weeks .
Cheers ,
Trev .

treebeard2277

May 30, 2011
Buckinghamshire
Hi

I like this, can you please confirm the steel type used and cost for you to make another one for me. some idea of lead time would be good also as I am thinking of giving it to someone.

Regards

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I don't believe it :eek:! I had an order for one yesterday.....spooky or what?
Mines with a simpler handle though as it will use a hammer/axe handle ;)
Must be something in the water Nige :)
BTW love the new avatar Launditch1. Coming to the meet next month? May bring the new coal forge I made today :)

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Kinda spooky yeah!The ones i make now have a more simple handle..
Glad you like the avatar..bonus points if you can name her.
As for the meet, not sure yet..

And Treebeard, message sent.

treebeard2277

May 30, 2011
Buckinghamshire
Hi

Thanks for come back so quickly, its was the handle that atracked it to me. I have only seen one before like it at a farmers market and missed out on that one two.

regards

May 25, 2011
norfolk
A customer of mine recently sent me a photo of an Adze asking if I could make one the same.
I asked where he got the photo and he pointed me to this thread.

Just wondered where you got the Adze as I thought I recognised it as one I made 2 couple of years ago .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE