For some mad reason

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Doesn't look like the tang has been welded, just a full tang with damascus bolsters.... Just looks like all the other cheap damascus flooding the markets these days.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Doesn't look like the tang has been welded, just a full tang with damascus bolsters.... Just looks like all the other cheap damascus flooding the markets these days.

+1 to all of that. Full tang almost certainly. Nothing to say it doesn't have it's place however, if you like it you like it simple as

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Looks like Mr. Noble to me.

Yeah, my thoughts also.

I was also thinking 'what a load of crap..'! I guess someone has to buy it though, just try not to get your hopes up with things like this.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Without a doubt that's going to be rubbish. Buy it to look at if you want but as something worthwhile to use, forget it!
I never said i would buy it, I said i liked the look of it for some mad reason.
I like the shape, The Handle could have been done better but i'm pretty sure it could be used as a decent butchery tool more than a bushcraft tool....

I have been toying with the idea of buying a Inuit Ulu knife and i just thought this style of Axe kinda fitted the bill, but could also be utilised for other things bushcrafty given the right materials used in it's construction.

For those who have never heard of a Ulu Knife.. https://www.google.com/search?q=ulu...-2rpqezxwIVqQrbCh3-LAXl#imgrc=bcXdnGm_zJsUfM:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I never said i would buy it, I said i liked the look of it for some mad reason.
I like the shape, The Handle could have been done better but i'm pretty sure it could be used as a decent butchery tool more than a bushcraft tool....

I have been toying with the idea of buying a Inuit Ulu knife and i just thought this style of Axe kinda fitted the bill, but could also be utilised for other things bushcrafty given the right materials used in it's construction.

For those who have never heard of a Ulu Knife.. https://www.google.com/search?q=ulu...-2rpqezxwIVqQrbCh3-LAXl#imgrc=bcXdnGm_zJsUfM:

Are you a butcher?

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I never said you said! :D

Perhaps use it as a design for a custom commission where you know the process it has been through and what type of steel it actually is!

I have some metal saw blade material that would probably do the job for one of these knives. Need to work out how i would cut and shape the steel mind you. Dont even know if my grinder with a grinding disc would put a dent in it. Only one way to find out i suppose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE