Footwear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
As far as army surplus you could do worse than try Endicotts, beyond that there are still a few that make good quality boots that are full leather. Lowa still have at least one boot that's all leather, you could also look at boots made by Altberg as they have a number which they make which are just full grain leather. They will also make to order.

Thanks for this. I couldn't see any leather lined boots on the Altberg site but there sister company Prentice Bell certainly does. Heartening to know that there remains some traditional boot makers in the UK and the Altberg direct fitting service looks great!

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

Different manufacturers have differents lasts / fits.

I find Blundstone to be pretty wide and roomy and I have pretty standard shaped British feet ( European feet tend to be a slightly thinner more even width, UK feet tend to be broad at the front with narrow heels). One of the reasons good outfitters will wave boots from a variety of sources so that they can tweek fit.

Goatboy.

Thanks for that. I am always a bit nervous about mail order boots as my feet are even wider than standard Brit. I think mine would need some serious "tweaking"!

Cheers, Paul

If you'd care to try Australian boots there are these -

http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/catalogue_details.asp?prodID=46

http://rossiboots.co.uk/product.asp?fldProductID=13

You could order from Oz or the UK. I think this is the only non synthetic style they have nowadays

I have a similar pair now discontinued called the Adventurer - all leather and robust. Just had it resoled after 10 years.

Should be okay for your terrain. I think these would be able to stop any snakes fangs we have here short of a reticulated python so they should have no problems with European snakes

Now these look like a serious contender! I do not need hiking boots specifically and these look like a good all rounder. They look and sound hard wearing and appear to have decent grip too.

Thanks for this information. Paul

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
I like the old British BCH (pre assault boot), in fact apart from a pair of those all-terrain sandals (which I never wear) and a set of steelies (which died after nine months wear) I haven't bought any other footwear in nearly 15 years.
I wear them all day, every day and for everything and they take between two and five years to kill a pair (the last ones should last as they're not quite new), I try to keep two pairs in rotation (one pair 'best' and the other 'general')

Got my last ones from Endy's (http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=76&products_id=968), two pairs Grade One plus postage £40.....can't beat that

I've worn them to Glastonbury and waded through mud up to the top eyelet and might of had the only dry feet on the site, I wear them larping (when its too wet for the hobnails...ie most of the time coz they do leak ) and get all the grip I need to run about and fight

I like the old British BCH (pre assault boot), in fact apart from a pair of those all-terrain sandals (which I never wear) and a set of steelies (which died after nine months wear) I haven't bought any other footwear in nearly 15 years.
I wear them all day, every day and for everything and they take between two and five years to kill a pair (the last ones should last as they're not quite new), I try to keep two pairs in rotation (one pair 'best' and the other 'general')

Got my last ones from Endy's (http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=76&products_id=968), two pairs Grade One plus postage £40.....can't beat that

I've worn them to Glastonbury and waded through mud up to the top eyelet and might of had the only dry feet on the site, I wear them larping (when its too wet for the hobnails...ie most of the time coz they do leak ) and get all the grip I need to run about and fight

Thanks for the info. I have just been looking at the link. I noticed the different levels of grading from G to new. Are the new boots made in the same way? Maybe they are new and boxed from a while back? Are they leather lined?

Cheers, Paul

Hi again,

I have finally decided on the Rossi boots Mulga 4002. However, I have noted that they are advertised for £99 on the official site whereas they are advertised for around £77 on other Aus sites. Does anyone know of any outlets in the UK?

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE