Food at home and in the wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
at home i'm stuck with her fish and dairy allergies but love cheesy stuff. In gloucester I havent found a consistantly good chinese or curry house despite living here 5 years now - we both work and I do all the cooking so we do a lot of chicken and pasta.

outdoors I like curry in a bun (half a crusty loaf scooped out and filled with a good curry and the innards as a dumpling - you eat your way down), cheese and nettle pasta sauce or corned beef hash and beans with a good bread are good camp fare as if fresh fish and crayfish. camenbert, baguette and tomatoes make a good simple lunch as well :)

supper I tend to do something sweet for the night like instant semolina or mars bar in custard.

I do a lot of rat packs as well so I can just bug out and live in the woods for a day or two without worrying about shopping.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
British Red said:
Bacon, Eggs (fried or scrambled),sausage, fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms, beans and or fried tomoatoes generally - add other fried food of choice, serve with bread and butter and tea (not coffee!)

Red

Farm Breakfast at my grandparents - when I was a kid - same thing every time:

Cream gravy and bread,

over easy eggs (many as you like),

dry cereal (wheaties) or oatmeal (your choice),

side pork (like bacon without the meat),

turnovers made with cake donut batter, filled with raisins, and deep fried,

raspberry "sauce" with heavy cream.

Coffee that would stand a spoon - no cream.

We ate like horses on the farm - then worked it all off.
four meals a day
five during haying and harvest

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
dont knock it till you've tried it - I thought the same but the kids love it :)

you could also eat the mars bar on its own and have vanilla soup.

when I did my first course we were asked if would like a mars bar on day two when we were hungry and miserable - tight buggers split 1 funsize between 14 of us :(

also instant semolina is good food as you can add wild fruits and make a fruity porridge type affair.

a few hob nobs crushed over a blackberry,apple,plum,rosehip stew makes a brill crumble :D

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
At home Meatballs that my wife makes with home baked bread. Other than that I am not really fussed about food when I am at home.

On the trail, Salami slices in potage (potato soup with loads of black pepper) and slices of sweet potato all cooked together, no mess to make, super easy to put together and no waste, you drink all the soup when you are finished. After a hard climb in the cold mountains its about as good as it can get. Finish that off with coffee and then while the embers are dying down a nip of rum. :)

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
At home...gale force curry, satay, fry-ups of all types, steak, fish of all kinds, sushi, smorgesbord stuff, and the wifes deep-drafted meat pie, anything with onion gravy. Cor.

Outdoors; cheesy stuff, meat meat meat meat meat, pasta stuff, beanz.

Ceeg

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
At home I love indian food, beef vindaloo is a favourite, and living in Manchester we have a massive selection of curry houses on the cury mile in Rusholme. I also love a good plate of steak and eggs :p

Outdoors I tend to get ravenous and eat anything except peanut butter :nono: I too however am a confirmed carnivore and an avid member of PETA (people eating tasty animals)

pankx9.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Like the pic... Lol! My favourith food at home is either smoked salmon or steak or both :D , my favourite wild food is ponassed salmon or trout. So pretty similar really!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE