Flying Frog?

simon67

Jan 3, 2009
isle of wight
After weeks of neglect, we decided today should be the day to get out, have a good tidy up and get things ready for action. So to move the big black builders tub that's 3/4 full of freezing water. As I started to remove the ice I noticed something.. a common frog. I couldn't believe it, not because it was in the tub, but because is was in my walled garden. How the hell did it get in here? The garden is small, maybe 5 metres by 8 and the walls are, at the lowest point, about 1.8 metres high. there is no way in. No gates, no gaps. I can't see how it could use a tunnel, there are none. All the walls have deep footings. I know, I built them. I am mystified. Do they sprout wings these things?. I know they can Jump a metre or so but 2 metres? Can anyone help figure this out?

simon67

Jan 3, 2009
isle of wight
I wonder if I should move it to a pond or nearby( parents have one on the edge of a wood with newts and frogs etc.) or do I leave it? I guess it got there by itself!

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i have watched little penny sized froglets climbing a meter wall into a raised pond just using tiny gaps in the brickwork. build them a little pond, about 3' x 2' x 3' at the deepest point with a few shallower bits and some plants for cover, and the climb over the wall will be worthwhile lol :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE