Flu vaccine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
Sometimes :oops:
I've just totally squicked out on peeling and opening up my first fresh papaya...it's absolutely grossly like packed insect eggs inside....total yuck factor.
Himself's eating the fruit because my first thought was, "I'm not eating that !"
Just as well we're all different I suppose.

I don't think I've ever been asked if I were allergic to eggs, and I do have a bad reaction to vaccines, well in the last fifteen years I have. My GP wondered if it were whatever was used to preserve / present the vaccines these days.

I have had a quick google, because I was pretty sure that not all vaccines are produced from live chicken embryos, and it appears that those are necessary for 'flu.
I'm pretty sure that a biochemist friend once said that it's a kind of 'soup' that's used to produce most though. :dunno:

Anyway, interesting link for a quick read through.
https://www.vaccineseurope.eu/about-vaccines/key-facts-on-vaccines/how-are-vaccines-produced/

M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interesting read Mary. If accurate then they are using fertilized eggs rather than the mass produced commercial ones. I've never had a doctor or technician ask if I was allergic to eggs specifically, but they always ask if I've ever had ANY allergic reactions. The info about eggs is pretty well advertised here but there's still loads of people not really paying attention.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I told you so. Trust me, I have suffered through 5 years medical and 3 years dental school......
Patients should be asked about 'general' reactions, plus egg allergy.

Viruses are by default only possible to be grown in a living organism like a chicken embryo because a virus can not reproduce by itself, it is the hosts own cells that are switched on (by the virus) to produce the actual virus.

Viruses are fantastic creations. Prions even more fascinating!

Reactions: santaman2000
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I was talking with a lass this morn, I described being a bit rough this month bad back and neck for weeks and then a bit of fever, sweating in bed and not sleeping too good this last week, turns out I've had the flu, cant say I noticed, not sure how I should think on that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE