Fixing up an old cabin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
bogflogger said:
Abbe, it is possible to have a 12v ring main system for all your lighting and HiFi, Laptop, etc, running off 12v Batterys.

There is a Switching unit available with a Load Drop Sensor, that Automatically turns on 220/240v Generators when you turn on appliances (eg: Hair Dryers, Food Processors) and then shuts off the Generator when you turn off the appliance being used.

This gives you the best of both 12v and 220/240v Systems running through the same Ring Main.

In use, there is only a few seconds delay from turning on your Food Processor to it running.

Turning off the Generator is done Automatically when you switch off the appliance, and the Ring Main reverts back to 12v.

The best place to find out about this equipment would be a large Marine Chandlery, as this equipment is widely used in medium/luxury Yacht's.

What happens to the 12v gear when the 240v kicks in :confused: :confused: :eek:

sabre iom

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Isle of Man
Just wondered if you have to abide by any building regulations out where you are there Abbe, health and safety here clamp down on 240v trailing leads and tools you may need to think of getting a generator with a 110v outputs as well as 240v if there is any chance of a visit from do gooders, where abouts is the cabin? Looks like a great place, is the lake stocked?

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
sabre iom said:
Just wondered if you have to abide by any building regulations out where you are there Abbe, health and safety here clamp down on 240v trailing leads and tools you may need to think of getting a generator with a 110v outputs as well as 240v if there is any chance of a visit from do gooders, where abouts is the cabin? Looks like a great place, is the lake stocked?

Sweden is not like deep Alaska or Siberia. We have building regulations here but the funny thing is that I am always worried about such stuff but learn from my neigbours to give a damm. There is a saying here that the person who ask much will get much answeres so I , I too stop asking things and build the stuff I need.

The lake holds the usual stuff but we have too trout in the lake. The cabin is about a 45min car ride from Gällivare to the east.

cheers
Abbe

sabre iom

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Isle of Man
wow your pretty far up there Abbe, i once looked at going to the school at Tornedalens but my wife refuses to go that far north! If you need any help with wiring the place in exchange for a week of bushcrafting let me know :)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
sabre iom said:
wow your pretty far up there Abbe, i once looked at going to the school at Tornedalens but my wife refuses to go that far north! If you need any help with wiring the place in exchange for a week of bushcrafting let me know :)

Tornedalen has a very good wilderness school, talk to her again!
I dont have energy at the cabin but I might want later on when I have the important things going solarpower and windpower. I come back to you about it.

cheers
Abbe

sabre iom

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Isle of Man
Maybe in a few more years we can move up there for a while, my swedish needs a lot of work first! hope the cabin goes well keep us posted on the work

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Shambling Shaman said:
Well this is all very intresting but............
WHEN is the cabin warming PARTY!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

First I have to build the "dass" which is an outhouse, so you guys dont have a go in the forest around my cabin. :eek: :D

me-working_dass.jpg

Cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE