Fixed pruning saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've decided to get a silky katanaboy 520. It's a huge folding saw, it truly is something special!

Nice one !

I got the temagari genki 500 this week & that is a beast !. Let us know how you get on with it. I felled a tree partly using the temagari last Thursday, it cuts well, I just need to acquire the proper technique for it.

Rob

Only other downside to the silkies is they are less than robust if in less experienced hands. If they are bullied in use they will break so careful if you lend it out.
.....which is why I'm known to get rather unfriendly if someone dares to touch my silkies (or tools in general....) without my permission.....:rolleyes:

I've no idea reg. other brands, but silkies are available in different TPI ratios which gives lots of options; the two silkies I carry with me (out of my collection which I had to leave behind in Japan :puppy_dog ) are a 120mm pocketboy (large teeth) and a 270mm gomtaro (medium) teeth

ARS pruning saws might be another option to consider...

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I just ordered the katanaboy 500, I'll be up the woods one evening this week and there's a few fallen Cedar's there to practice on, also camping next weekend so I'll plenty of opportunity to try it out and share my options on this beast.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I'm lying on my exped under my tarp smiling to myself listening to the rain thinking how awesome my new saw is! Effortless cutting 8" rounds for the fire which is still going in the rain. The saw makes my mates 36" bow saw look crap!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Awesome piece of kit, I have to say I've been impressed how mine will also do fine cuts despite its aggressive teeth. Glad you are happy with yours.

Rob

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Comparison with laplander and 36" bow saw.

Easy to use on the pull stroke , no need to go hell for leather the teeth do all the work, this small log 4" only took 20 seconds to go through, I couldn't find anything dead or fallen that was bigger to cut when the photos were taken this morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE