Which Silky saw?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
call it personal preference;), but i find the fixed blade more comfortable for longer use and safer when up on a ladder or in a tree for pruning (==you can use both hands for climbing and need only one hand to reach and "operate" your tool (I "" unlock" my saw before getting up and carry it loosely with the handle on top of the scabbard); my Pocketboy had the advantage of being more compact (and went everywhere with me) which made it better for hiking when i'm not processing thick pieces of large amounts of timber

Good post mate, my feelings exactly. Even ground working there’s a need to put the saw down to use your hands. Dropping the Zubat into a scabbard is a lot easier than folding the BigBoy and putting it on the ground or into a pack.

Reactions: forrestdweller

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
I really like my Super Accel, think it's a 210 but I'd have to check. Not been doing so much of late butI really want to make a folding or packable bucksaw. Another thing on the never-ending to do list...sheesh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE