First tarp!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I bought a very, very cheap tarp down the local market several weeks ago and spent this afternoon putting it up in various configurations using trekking poles , tent pegs and some very, very cheap string. I've never put a tarp up before .

First thoughts, putting up a tarp shelter isn't that difficult. Putting up a good shelter well, that probably takes more practice.

I was quite pleased with myself. The tarp is rubbish and some of the gromits have ripped already. The string was even worse and snapped when a decent wind got up. Still the knots worked , and even released with a single pull as they were meant to.

Dogs loved it too.

Next time I will use either paracord or some nylon string cannibalised from an old tent, and I may even invest in a tarp costing more than a quid - great for practicing in the garden though.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
use the old one as a ground sheet when you get a new one......can be really useful when setting up camp somewhere it is already wet!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE