Tarp and wood stove combo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 28, 2023
Bristol
Hi all!

I’m really interested in developing my set up to have a tent with a flue and wood stove.

But I also love the versatility of a tarp. Does anyone have a set up where the wood stove is used in conjunction with a tarp? Or maybe add a flue panel to the tarp? (Appreciate this will impact the number of tarp set ups you could have)

I fancy having a okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You could make yourself two additional triangles, one of lightweight plastic fabric, that's the entrance, perhaps with a zipper, the other one of fire retardant cotton for the stove side. The tarp in A-frame set up as a roof.

Don't connect the tarp and the door side triangle. You close the gap just by tension and keep it as emergency exits and for oxygen supply.

I think that would work well.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023
Bristol
Love this thank you, and avoids me having to modify my tarp . Would anybody have any recommendations for fabric suppliers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
With a tarp I'm not sure you'd need a wood burning stove that requires a flue panel.
It's open enough as it is.
Instead I would use some kind of collapsible fire box. A Honey Stove or something like that (plenty of cheaper alternatives out there) rather than a heavy (and expensive) wood burner with chimney and everything.

Reactions: RoxyM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE