Finding the the Bush behind the Craft.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 41373
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 41373

Hello one and all, :)

Just joined up and thought I would say hello.

I started woodcraft many a year ago with my uncle. He made musical instruments, :vio: mostly violins and double basses and he was also a skilled carver. As a child I spent many a happy hour in his workshop learning how to work with wood, lessons I will never forget. Like us all I have always loved nature and spending time outside, especially in the woods :D. So when searching for wood, I naturally started to learn woodland skills and study the world around me. So my interest in Bushcraft really came from working wood and as I learned, I discovered more, and this led to more questions, and more, and more and .... well you get the picture. Every day I add something to the list of things I would like to learn, there is just never enough time :) (well thats not strictly true, I just have to prioritize other things). I have joined this forum to be part of the community of Bushcrafters, and hope to learn skills and knowledge, as well as share my meager crumbs if required. Along with the woodcraft side of things I also love leather craft, which I learned from my Father. I make all my own bits from veg tanned leather knife sheaths, bags, pouches etc etc. I enjoy the creative experience of learning things I am not academic, I am very much a practical learner. My only other hobby is my Landrover. It is a 200tdi Discovery called Bumblebee and for the last year I have been rebuilding her, in a basic patch up resto type of way, which required a new raft of metal working skills and, A LOT :rolleyes:, of time. She is now back on the road and I am looking forward to getting back to my wood and leather craft. Well I have rambled enough :sleeping: so let me finish by saying I look forward to using the forum, meeting you guys and learning from you all. All the best and HULLO TO ALL!!! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 41373

Hello and welcome!

Hi John, Cheers mate :) Just enjoyed your article on Ventile. Been on my mind a while as a clothing item I would like, certainly seems to polarize opinion (like many things in Bushcraft) but I will definitely be purchasing sometime soon....

D

Deleted member 41373

Wow cheers everyone :D I hope I will enjoy it, I have enjoyed some of the threads already. I had never heard of the Bushmoot, wonderful name by the way, but I have been to the BC Show and the Wilderness gathering. Skipped the show this year but doing the Gathering again. I will def be looking to do the Bushmoot next year :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum, sounds as though you'll enjoy it here :)

Hi, welcome and enjoy.

Hello and welcome.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Think you found the right place to settle in :)

Welcome

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE