Finally got the girlfriend to try hammocking!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom.heath

May 13, 2012
London
Going away next weekend with the better half and have convinced her to not bring the tent so I've bought her a DD hammock and tarp. My question is how can I make it as comfy as possible so she dosent go back to tents.( she has a camp bed and a air mattress in the tent ) so any ideas guys & gals ???

Cheers

Tom

Tom.heath

May 13, 2012
London
Well I made her a UQ what you think I sowed a space blanket inside to reflect the heath
image-5.jpg
[/IMG]
image-4.jpg
[/IMG]

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just make sure she is warm and she can get laid out flat.
If its cold try a hot water bottle in her bag, avoid alcohol.

Tom.heath

May 13, 2012
London
Haha I wish only one of my mates is into camping and he's in oz for the next couple of years so had many solo trips. Not as fun ! Need to get along to a meet !

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I think I might have an idea... your thread was probably abbreviated to 'Finally got the girlfreind to try....' and one of the replies probably finished the sentence as something... well, mmmm, intreging?!

Make sure she has some head wear for the hammock and some toasty socks to pull on- and warn her that she might have to wake fully to roll over, that caught me off guard initially and made me think I wasn't suited to it. As a lass, its a PIA to change, esp bra removal 'on board', so you need tarps to cover well or pitch outta sight a little for privacy... Otherwise you wish her a superb time from a fellow lady hammocker!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE